Decoding 73

Brian Alexander

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

Rick Szajkowski

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

Brian Alexander

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

David Cameron - IRLP

Someone likely changed the default code, and you'll find it in the

/home/irlp/custom/custom_decode

file.

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza@...>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Decoding 73

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@...> wrote:
>
> Is this your node or some one else’s ??
>
> From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73  to something else , why don’t know
>
> Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located
>
> Richard Szajkowski
> VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE
>
>> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza@...> wrote:
>>
>> I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> VA3AZA

Rick Szajkowski

Thanks Dave , had a brain fart to where it was

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza@...>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@...> wrote:
>
> Is this your node or some one else’s ??
>
> From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73  to something else , why don’t know
>
> Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located
>
> Richard Szajkowski
> VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE
>
>> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza@...> wrote:
>>
>> I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> VA3AZA

Brian Alexander

Well, I’ve chased the $1 argument from decode to custom_decode along the path a 73 is supposed to go. I can see the if tests in both scripts and have echo printed around them to verify that execution is proceeding as it seems to be intended. The custom_decode dispatches 73 to echo_end, where it seems to disappear. An if test in echo_end is supposed to trap an IRLP disconnection request by testing for a certain file’s existence in $LOCAL and then call end. This does not seem to happen correctly.

Brian VA3AZA

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza@...>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@...> wrote:
>
> Is this your node or some one else’s ??
>
> From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73  to something else , why don’t know
>
> Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located
>
> Richard Szajkowski
> VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE
>
>> On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza@...> wrote:
>>
>> I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> VA3AZA

David Cameron - IRLP

Do you see any errors, when as user repeater you type the command:

decode 73

This is the same as decoding the 73 command on the air. It should lead you to the issue.

Dave Cameron

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

Brian Alexander

Indeed, I do:

... /echo_end: No such file or directory

In custom_decode, this is line 70, which contains a variable, “$ECHO_SCRIPT”, prefixed to “/echo_end” (without the quotes).

It would seem that $ECHO_SCRIPT is not defined. Is this right?

Brian VA3AZA

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

David Cameron - IRLP

That is right - you have taken scripts from an old node (that had EchoIRLP installed) and put them on one that does not.

This is one reason why I always suggest a "clean re-install" when using a backup script.

You need to remove the lines for EchoIRLP from the custom_decode file at a minimum - there are likely many things that need to be tweaked.

Dave Cameron

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

Brian Alexander

Is it better to go back and do a clean reinstall over the existing install rather than trying to tweak everything?

Brian VA3AZA

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

David Cameron - IRLP

Its up to you - I would. But there are not a lot of plugs into EchoIRLP, so you should be able to find them all in the custom directory:

custom_decode
custom_on
custom_off

You also should look out for IRLPvCON scripts as well.

You should be fine just commenting out all the EchoIRLP related pieces in the three files above.

Dave

From: "Brian Alexander via groups.io" <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 2020-12-03 5:12 p.m. (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

Rick;

It’s a club node that was rebuilt on a new machine. Reinstall script was used, so I would guess the important stuff came over.

Brian VA3AZA
On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your node or some one else’s ??

From what your saying I would say some one changed the decode 73 to something else , why don’t know

Can’t remember off the top of my head where the decode file is located

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On Dec 3, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Brian Alexander via groups.io <va3aza=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an IRLP node that properly connects to other IRLP nodes via RF DTMF but does not respond to 73. I can see in log/messages that 73 is actually heard and decoded, but disconnection does not occur.

Can anyone suggest a fix or troublingshooting?

Many thanks,
VA3AZA

Brian Alexander

I have to get both services running, so I’ll probably reinstall. At least then I will know they are installed reliably if I have other problems later.

Brian