Topics

Echo/IRLP

Mike Alsop

Guys

Would someone please point out again where the latest Echo files are available for Buster?? I assume this fixes the no echo announcements on connect and disconnect??

Mike
VK8MA

k9dc

I would not recommend using Buster if you really need EchoIRLP. Stretch generally works, but many of the audio bits do not work correctly on Buster. It can be fixed, but it requires many tweaks to the EchoIRLP scripts. The group that supported EchoIRLP has gone nearly extinct.

-k9dc

On Jul 16, 2020, at 21:51, Mike Alsop <mike.alsop@...> wrote:

Guys

Would someone please point out again where the latest Echo files are available for Buster?? I assume this fixes the no echo announcements on connect and disconnect??

Mike
VK8MA

David Cameron - IRLP

No, they updated the scripts on the repository last month. The install should work now on all versions.

On 2020-07-17 8:51 a.m., k9dc wrote:
I would not recommend using Buster if you really need EchoIRLP. Stretch generally works, but many of the audio bits do not work correctly on Buster. It can be fixed, but it requires many tweaks to the EchoIRLP scripts. The group that supported EchoIRLP has gone nearly extinct.

-k9dc

On Jul 16, 2020, at 21:51, Mike Alsop <mike.alsop@...> wrote:

Guys

Would someone please point out again where the latest Echo files are available for Buster?? I assume this fixes the no echo announcements on connect and disconnect??

Mike
VK8MA

k9dc

Cool… is that the GitHub site?

-k9dc

On 2020-07-17 8:51 a.m., k9dc wrote:
I would not recommend using Buster if you really need EchoIRLP. Stretch generally works, but many of the audio bits do not work correctly on Buster. It can be fixed, but it requires many tweaks to the EchoIRLP scripts. The group that supported EchoIRLP has gone nearly extinct.

-k9dc

On Jul 16, 2020, at 21:51, Mike Alsop <mike.alsop@...> wrote:

Guys

Would someone please point out again where the latest Echo files are available for Buster?? I assume this fixes the no echo announcements on connect and disconnect??

Mike
VK8MA

Klaus Rung

Yes, that is what I found out when I tried to make a new node a few months ago, the echoirlp installed but the audio announcements were not there any longer. I think Dave Cameron has a fix for that now so it is doable but all the other scripts people have written are also broken so it is a big pain to upgrade off of deb 7 where everything works very well still. I don't think I will move until the nodes stop working and I am forced to upgrade.

Did you find anything bad happening inside WX4E Node?

On Friday, July 17, 2020, 11:51:39 a.m. EDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

I would not recommend using Buster if you really need EchoIRLP. Stretch generally works, but many of the audio bits do not work correctly on Buster.  It can be fixed, but it requires many tweaks to the EchoIRLP scripts.  The group that supported EchoIRLP has gone nearly extinct.

-k9dc

> On Jul 16, 2020, at 21:51, Mike Alsop <mike.alsop@...> wrote:
>
> Guys
>
> Would someone please point out again where the latest Echo files are available for Buster?? I assume this fixes the no echo announcements on connect and disconnect??
>
> Mike
> VK8MA

Klaus Rung

Ok, great to hear so that stuff should now at least make Echolink work.

On 2020-07-17 8:51 a.m., k9dc wrote:
> I would not recommend using Buster if you really need EchoIRLP. Stretch generally works, but many of the audio bits do not work correctly on Buster.  It can be fixed, but it requires many tweaks to the EchoIRLP scripts.  The group that supported EchoIRLP has gone nearly extinct.
>
> -k9dc
>
>> On Jul 16, 2020, at 21:51, Mike Alsop <mike.alsop@...> wrote:
>>
>> Guys
>>
>> Would someone please point out again where the latest Echo files are available for Buster?? I assume this fixes the no echo announcements on connect and disconnect??
>>
>> Mike
>> VK8MA

Mike Alsop

OK, that is good news. Sorry, I am still trying to find where to go to get the files, install scripts, etc to do it.

Thanks

Mike
VK8MA