Topics

Fatal Error Code 40 NODE 2803

Chris Pitre

I am rebuilding NODE 2803 with a new(er) PC.  I reinstalled from backup.

went from a functioning node using CentOS to a not so functioning node on  Debian

upon testing I received the fatal error 40 message,

as Dave LTD suggested I will add the lines that were recommended

this is probably the start of many errors that I will encounter. I noticed that the aprs status script is not working either.

if anyone wants to log in and help repair the "mess"  that would be ok with me.

using VER 3 IRLP board as well

k9dc

I would suggest re-installing from a backup, but then choose the clean reinstall option

As an option, you can choose to perform a clean re-install of your node."
"This will return your node to a newly installed state, just as it was"
"when it was first installed. It will DELETE any customization you"
"have added to your node since it was first built, but retain your"
"IRLP PGP security key, node number, and callsign.”

This basically means you will get a brand new installation with a new and complete environment file, but using your existing node number and PGP keys. There are enough differences between CentOS and Debian installations, that this is usually a very good thing. Any customizations you want will have to be added back manually.

-k9dc

On Jun 2, 2020, at 13:18, Chris Pitre <ve3ctp@...> wrote:

I am rebuilding NODE 2803 with a new(er) PC. I reinstalled from backup.

went from a functioning node using CentOS to a not so functioning node on Debian

upon testing I received the fatal error 40 message,

as Dave LTD suggested I will add the lines that were recommended

this is probably the start of many errors that I will encounter. I noticed that the aprs status script is not working either.

if anyone wants to log in and help repair the "mess" that would be ok with me.

using VER 3 IRLP board as well

larry_n7fm

Chris,

One comment... When installing on new hardware a person needs to remember that all port forwarding will more than likely break as the New PC will be given a new IP lease differing from the old. Unless you pre- configure the new hardware to utilize the same static IP address as the prior node utilized. Broken port forwarding alone will create issues with connection and audio routing.

Larry - N7FM

On 6/3/20 9:08 PM, Chris Pitre wrote:
Almost convinced that this isn't for beginners..
Nothing else seems to be working now..the APRS script, is still not functioning,  I have no audio coming back from the test server.