Topics

Getting an IRLP station # for Allstar

me@...

Never purchased IRLP, so not sure how I'm able to be assigned a station/node #. I'm just trying to link my Allstar node to IRLP. Is this possible?

k9dc

To get a number assigned, you must purchase an IRLP Interface board and install the software. Node numbers are issued during the software installation.

However, connecting Allstar to an IRLP node is prohibited by IRLP policy.

-k9dc

On 21/7/20 10:16 am, k9dc wrote:
To get a number assigned, you must purchase an IRLP Interface board and install the software. Node numbers are issued during the software installation.

However, connecting Allstar to an IRLP node is prohibited by IRLP policy.
Myself and others are looking at the feasibility of having an AllStar
node share the same radio hardware with IRLP.  While a bit more complex
(less parts to share, more hardware involved), the concept will work a
bit like EchoIRLP, in that cross system lockouts will be implemented,
and when one of the nodes is in use, people connecting to the other one
will get a BUSY indication, and the call will be rejected.  However,
it's very early days, and this is a project that is being worked on slowly.

If anyone wants to try something similar, I'm happy to share what I
know, as far as changes to AllStar's configuration to make this possible.

Obviously this system needs both a working IRLP node and a working
AllStar node.  It will be designed to comply with all IRLP and AllStar
policies.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com