Getting Into IRLP

michal.gordon@...

Hi everyone.
I'm looking in getting into IRLP. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?

Thanks,
Michal

larry_n7fm

Michal,

Depending on what your actual intended use is you can BUY A Raspberry Pi IRLP (turn Key) Node from the Link below.

<http://www.irlp.net/order.html>

I'm sure Dave Cameron would answer any question and help you if you ask.

Should you be a tinkerer. You can also construct you own by buying the interface board and optional parts from the same link, as well as other optional parts. Or if you have some of the parts already, you can use them. Occasionally you may find a used IRLP Node for sale on some of the other VOIP groups if you happen to subscribe/monitor any of those such as Allstar, Echolink, Hamvoip.

If totally unfamiliar with IRLP you should do some googling and read about how it all works. Perhaps there are nodes in your locale that you might use and evaluate if some IRLP equipped repeater may do do for you what you want or at least help you decide if you truly need/want your own personal node. Also you will need to provide an RF radio to hook the IRLP node to.

IRLP is an RF to RF based system. Meaning RF input passes via VOIP on the INTERNET to an RF output on the opposite end. which will require you to use an RF Transceiver to be its input/output connection for a NODE.
An additional cost if you don't already have a radio system to hook IRLP to.

If more questions --> larry@n7fm.com

Good Luck
Larry - N7FM

On 11/19/20 7:40 PM, michal.gordon via groups.io wrote:
Hi everyone.
I'm looking in getting into IRLP. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?
Thanks,
Michal

Jeff Daugherty

Www.irlp.net

Sent from my Sprint Phone.

I'm looking in getting into IRLP. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?

Thanks,
Michal

Gary - AG0N

On Nov 19, 2020, at 20:40, michal.gordon via groups.io <michal.gordon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm looking in getting into IRLP. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?
Kind of a vague statement. Do you mean you want to be able to use IRLP nodes to talk to people? Or do you think you need to own your own node so others can use it?

Gary - AG0N - 3055

Dave Schultheis

Gary - AG0N wrote:

On Nov 19, 2020, at 20:40, michal.gordon via groups.io <michal.gordon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm looking in getting into IRLP. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?
Kind of a vague statement. Do you mean you want to be able to use IRLP nodes to talk to people? Or do you think you need to own your own node so others can use it?

This person (or "bot") has posted similar messages in different groups (EchoLink, for example) and I am regarding it as very suspicious.

It's too bad because we want to help a new person but we certainly don't need more trouble-makers.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

Wes AE6ZM

Here are the Settings for the group. Perhaps someone can see what to change to keep out 'bot' submissions.

--
VY 73,
Wes

Rick NK7I

Adding two simple questions; call sign and location, then:

73,
Rick NK7I
7962