Topics

Host name of node not correct number and outgoing audio fails.

Good day,
At some point and in an unknown way the host name of node 3248 has been changed to 3249. Troubleshoot-IRLP runs without errors.  Node 3248, however, has a one way audio issue that I have been unable to sort out.  I am wondering if the audio issue is being caused by the host name being wrong and how might I go about correcting the name.  I have tried correcting the node name in the hosts file but then Troubleshoot_IRLP fails the PGP test.

The audio issue shows up when using the command line "audio_level_test"...  The voice response is "clipping zero, audio level zero."  I have swapped the Pi, the IRLP board, and the sound card trying to fix the audio issue.  Testing using 9990.... connects to the reflector but gives no response back.

Any thoughts?

Bob
K6MBY
Sequim, WA

The actual hostname is set with the ‘hostname’ command, and has nothing to do with the hosts file. The IP address of stn3248 = 172.92.92.156, but there appears to be no port forwarding established. Did ’troubleshoot-irlp’ indicate any other problems? (I am expecting the incoming ports to fail). This is fixed by configuring your ROUTER, not the IRLP node itself.

The node number is set in the environment file, and must be consistent with the PGP key, otherwise the PGP test will fail, but again this is not based upon anything in the hosts file. So I agree, something is very wonky with your set up.

If you would like someone to log in and take a look at it for you, send a request describing your problem to installs@ irlp.net.

-k9dc

On Jun 15, 2020, at 11:23, Bob Sampson <@k6mby> wrote:

[...]

Node 3248

k9dc.

Both incoming and outgoing ports test OK using Troubleshoot-IRLP.  I did fix an echolink port (5999) that tested bad.  Router port configured wrong.

I will drop a note to installs.

Thanks,

Bob
K6MBY
Sequim, WA

k9dc

To close this out (in case someone else has a similar problem).

This turned out to be a typo in the file /etc/hostname which sets the hostname of the machine at boot up. That file was incorrectly set to stn3249 instead of stn3248. Not exactly sure why, but correcting that minor error, fixed everything.

-k9dc

On Jun 15, 2020, at 11:50, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

On Jun 15, 2020, at 11:23, Bob Sampson <@k6mby> wrote:

Good day,
At some point and in an unknown way the host name of node 3248 has been changed to 3249. Troubleshoot-IRLP runs without errors. Node 3248, however, has a one way audio issue that I have been unable to sort out. I am wondering if the audio issue is being caused by the host name being wrong and how might I go about correcting the name. I have tried correcting the node name in the hosts file but then Troubleshoot_IRLP fails the PGP test.

Rick NK7I

Perhaps the also active stn3249 (correct node#) and 3248 is causing a network error at the DNS level?

That's a weird one anyway and they're not too far away from each other.

73,
Rick NK7I