Topics

Hostname Sometimes Resolving To Wrong Address

Jeff Lehmann

I'm having a very strange issue with my IRLP node. A couple weeks back we changed internet providers from Comcast to Fios. Since the change, I noticed that I haven't been able to always access my node remotely, that it works about half the time when I use the IRLP hostname. So I checked where my stnxxxx.ip.irlp.net is resolving to, it sometimes shows the new/correct address on Verizon Fios, and sometimes it still goes to the old Comcast address. Any idea why this could be happening and how to correct it?

Thanks,

73
Jeff  AJ1L

Rick NK7I

I would start by clearing out the DNS cache on the device(s) I'm using to access the node.   If that doesn't help, somebodies DNS server isn't updating right.  If I recall, one can add the irlp.net DNS server to resolve addresses too.

73
Rick NK7I

On 7/24/2020 8:07 PM, Jeff Lehmann wrote:
I'm having a very strange issue with my IRLP node. A couple weeks back we changed internet providers from Comcast to Fios. Since the change, I noticed that I haven't been able to always access my node remotely, that it works about half the time when I use the IRLP hostname. So I checked where my stnxxxx.ip.irlp.net is resolving to, it sometimes shows the new/correct address on Verizon Fios, and sometimes it still goes to the old Comcast address. Any idea why this could be happening and how to correct it?

Thanks,

73
Jeff  AJ1L

k9dc

What is your node number?

-k9dc

On Jul 24, 2020, at 23:07, Jeff Lehmann <jeff@...> wrote:

I'm having a very strange issue with my IRLP node. A couple weeks back we changed internet providers from Comcast to Fios. Since the change, I noticed that I haven't been able to always access my node remotely, that it works about half the time when I use the IRLP hostname. So I checked where my stnxxxx.ip.irlp.net is resolving to, it sometimes shows the new/correct address on Verizon Fios, and sometimes it still goes to the old Comcast address. Any idea why this could be happening and how to correct it?

Thanks,

73
Jeff AJ1L

Jeff Lehmann

The node number with the issue is 4571.

73
Jeff AJ1L

k9dc

We have two namservers for ip.irlp.net. The two were not sync’d for some reason. They are now, both now are returning 72.74.62.222. Problem should be resolved. Thank you for bringing it our attention!

-k9dc

On Jul 24, 2020, at 23:50, Jeff Lehmann <jeff@...> wrote:

The node number with the issue is 4571.

73