From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 9:15 AM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: [IRLP] How do I remove the 73 and use the custom_decode to disconnect

How do I  remove the 73  and use the custom_decode to disconnect

KE4GUQ

larry_n7fm

Tim.

It appears the "73" is detected by the /home/irlp/scripts/decode file.

If you scroll down to this section

# Process the command code
# Test for disconnect command
#
if [ "${CMD}" = "73" ] ; then ${SCRIPT}/end ; exit 1 ; fi
#

When the "73" is detected it runs the /home/irlp/scripts/end file.

One would assume you could exchange the "73" in the command above for whatever numbers you choose.

Be safe and make a backup of the "decode" file before any editing.

Larry - N7FM

Or better yet  using the prefix set   like 123 then node to turn on the node  should it also be for the 12373 to turn off?
How do I  remove the 73  and use the custom_decode to disconnect
KE4GUQ

Rick NK7I

In generic terms (I'm not at a place I can quickly link in for specifics), in Custom_decode, trap the 73 (if '73' statement, then cause it to do nothing) and add your 'if 12373' statement to close the link.

Save (make a copy of) the original file before messing about, so you have a working baseline (in case you oops).

73,
Rick NK7I
7962

On 9/1/2020 9:12 AM, Tim wrote:

Or better yet  using the prefix set   like 123 then node to turn on the node  should it also be for the 12373 to turn off?

How do I  remove the 73  and use the custom_decode to disconnect

KE4GUQ

Tim

Thanks I found that and I place a # infront of it and it still work I will check that again

# if [ "${CMD}" = "73" ] ; then ${SCRIPT}/end ; exit 1 ; fi #

How do I  remove the 73  and use the custom_decode to disconnect

KE4GUQ

Tim

Thanks for the info  I will try this also I have been having someone disconnect our node during a meeting

How do I  remove the 73  and use the custom_decode to disconnect

KE4GUQ

Tim

Thanks David

On 2020-09-01 9:40 a.m., larry_n7fm wrote:
Tim.

It appears the "73" is detected by the /home/irlp/scripts/decode file.

If you scroll down to this section

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
-
# Process the command code
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
-

On 9/1/20 9:12 AM, Tim wrote:
Or better yet using the prefix set like 123 then node to turn on
the node should it also be for the 12373 to turn off?

How do I remove the 73 and use the custom_decode to disconnect

KE4GUQ

Tim

Thanks David that worked

How do I remove the 73 and use the custom_decode to disconnect

KE4GUQ

k9dc

Dontcha just love when that happens?

In custom_decode I have a normally hashed out “exit 1” below a handful of commands I want to always work. When activated, everything above the “exit 1” works.  But everything below it, including all the normal decode functions, goes to the bit bucket.

My typical use for this is if I am hosting or participating in some special event that I do not want to drop.  I can always log in with my iPhone or other device and manually edit custom_decode to put it back into normal service, or just operate the node with CLI commands.

-k9dc

On Sep 1, 2020, at 12:37, Tim <tbanks@...> wrote:

Thanks for the info  I will try this also I have been having someone disconnect our node during a meeting

larry_n7fm

Thanks for jumping in and clarifying about updates overriding that Dave ... After reading and realizing the trapping happens before any other functions. It sure makes more sense and much less invasive.

Learned something again today

Larry - N7FM