Topics

how should I set up a 220 repeater?

n9nwo

I have a 220 repeater that I want to add IRLP to.  What is an affordable way to do so?

Also how does one create a reflector for statewide use?

N9NWO

KM6MMO

Contact your local 220MHz coordination association.  For example in Los Angeles its 220 SMA.

For the repeater , you will need a controller card that supports IRLP or buy an embedded Node from IRLP

You should be good to go and soon as your paperwork has cleared the authority.

Best of luck and if you get it up and running I would love to come talk on 220mhz

It's my favorite band!
Best of luck 73,

ERIK KM6MMO IRLP3059

Right away, the first two questions are going to be, what do you have for a repeater controller and do you have internet at your site?

> I have a 220 repeater that I want to add IRLP to.  What is an affordable way to do so?
>
> Also how does one create a reflector for statewide use?
>
> N9NWO

If you read his first sentence "I have a 220 repeater that I want to add IRLP to."

> Contact your local 220MHz coordination association. For example in Los
> Angeles its 220 SMA.
>
> For the repeater , you will need a controller card that supports IRLP or
> buy an embedded Node from IRLP
>
> You should be good to go and soon as your paperwork has cleared the
> authority.
>
> Best of luck and if you get it up and running I would love to come talk on
> 220mhz
>
> It's my favorite band!
> Best of luck 73,
>
> ERIK KM6MMO IRLP3059

The answer to your first question is, visit http://www.irlp.net/. see the the links on the upper left side of the page. In particular, “Order IRLP."

The answer to your second question is: You don’t have to. Reflector access comes with the product. Once you complete action on first question (adding IRLP to your repeater), you already have reflector access and you are done!… “Reflectors" are part of the product. Welcome!

-k9dc