Topics

How to fix wifi after reinstall for a RPI node

Scott Anderson

Hi to anyone who reads this.
I am posting this for other people who may of had this happen to their node. I am using IRLP V3.0 board and a Raspberry Pi 2 with Debian 10 (buster) image and I had to do a reinstall that caused the wifi to stop working. This is what I had to do to fix it.
Go into pico /etc/network/interfaces and make sure that this is in there.
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
          address 0.0.0.0
          netmask 0.0.0.0
          gateway 0.0.0.0
          wpa-ssid router name
          wpa-psk router pass word

hit control X Y to save and enter.
reboot and you should have wifi now.
I wish the best of luck.
Scott

Scott Anderson

I forgot to thank David and Nick for the help.
Thank you.

Lonney [K1LH]

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting this info, I ran into the same problem.

I found "wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf" wasn't needed, commenting it out had no effect.

Can also use dhcp with wlan0 - iface wlan0 inet dhcp - it'll ignore the address, netmask, gateway if they're not commented out (probably a good idea to comment those lines out if using dhcp).

- Lonney

Scott Anderson

Hi Lonney,
I am glad this helped you that is why I posted it. yes for some reason I needed wpa_roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf I don,t know why I guess different set up. It should work as dhcp but I didn't try on my set up.

Thank you for letting me.
Scott.