Topics

Information on how to get (and use) an experimental node assignment

wb6ymh

--- In irlp@..., Danny Musten <danny@...> wrote:

Can this experimental thread be moved to a special interest group list
and off the main posts?

Danny KD4RAA
Sounds like a good idea. I created a new Yahoo group
experimental_roip for that purpose. All hams are welcome, let the
experiments begin.

Also experimental node 0016 is "on the air" and available for testing.
It's just an ADPCM reflector at the moment, but that will change in
time.

Many thanks to Dave Cameron for taking the time to accommodate those
of us interested in playing with the technology! It's the
experimental aspects of Ham radio has held my interest for the last 30
years.

73's Skip WB6YMH

At 01:35 AM 2/3/2009, you wrote:
Can experimental nodes be connected to existing reflectors or do the
reflectors have to allow it?

Ie. Can an experimental node connect to ref9617?
Depends on the software used, and yes, the reflector would have to allow the connection. This would have to be designed by the node owner. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

WD7F - John in Tucson

How do I configure my node to NEVER accept connections from these rptDir fake nodes?
de WD7F
John in Tucson

David McAnally

On 2/3/09, WD7F - John in Tucson <wd7f@...> wrote:

How do I configure my node to NEVER accept connections from these rptDir
fake nodes?
de WD7F

John in Tucson

Nothing. Only non-experimental IRLP nodes are allowed to connect to your
node, unless you take action to customize your node to allow non IRLP
connections. For example, installing EchoIRLP.

The new optional environment setting, which is not enabled by default, only
allows your node to connect to the experimental IRLP nodes, 0010 - 0099.

There is no built-in option, that I'm aware of, to allow experimental or non
IRLP VoIP systems to connect to your node. Even IRLP reflectors cannot call
your node.

--
Regards,
David McAnally, WD5M

k9dc

On Tue, February 3, 2009 12:24 pm, WD7F - John in Tucson wrote:
How do I configure my node to NEVER accept connections from these rptDir
fake nodes?
You do nothing. No IRLP node will receive calls from any unauthenticated
node, unless specifically modified to do so.

John Azbill <k5nx@...>

Dave VE7LTD,

  Are you still doing experimental node assignments?  If so what email address can we use to get a experimental node number?

Dave K5NX

k9dc

Link is on the status page.

-k9dc

On Apr 27, 2019, at 11:52, John Azbill <k5nx@...> wrote:

Dave VE7LTD,

  Are you still doing experimental node assignments?  If so what email address can we use to get a experimental node number?

Dave K5NX
_._,_._,_