From: Brad Tucker
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 01:54:26 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] IRLP cable diagram for Kenwood HT

--

Brad Tucker

Looking for a cable setup for a kenwood th-f6a. There was a link in the first post but unfortunately it doesn’t work nor do any of the other links on the board for this radio. It’s an old radio but still a good one...

Brad
N1KN
7121

Dave Schultheis

Brad KN wrote:

Looking for a cable setup for a kenwood th-f6a. There was a link in the first post but unfortunately it doesn’t work nor do any of the other links on the board for this radio. It’s an old radio but still a good one...

I will assume that you have the proper software for programming.

I have a cable that works with the F6A as well as Kenwood TKR-750 and TKR-850 repeaters and the Wouxon KG-UV899. Unfortunately, I can't find the box to give you a part number.

According to a Google search ("programming cable TH-F6A") it looks like you can get one called the PG-4Y (RS-232 interface) or KPG-22U (USB 2.0 interface). There are also several varieties of cables available for sale.

Be sure to double check before ordering to make sure you get the right one.

I hope this helps.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

Don, WA9WWS

I suggest checking with Marshall owner of irlpcables (dot) com.  He has helped me in the past.

Don, WA9WWS
IRLP 7129, 7130

Brad Tucker

Not sure why I didn’t think of this earlier. Used the way back machine and got just what I needed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20091218163206/http://www.employees.org/~donn/ham/irlp_f6a.html