Topics

IRLP DTMF Failure

Ken Pokigo

All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.
I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up
When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes
I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.

Ken
KC2AYK

k9dc

On Feb 7, 2020, at 21:22, Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io <kenpokigo101=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the DTMF tones correctly.
I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up
When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes
I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.

Ken
KC2AYK
There are several things you can do to troubleshoot. Log in to the node and check the following.

1. Look at the IRLP log file /home/irlp/log/messages See what has happened on the past.

cat log/messages or
less log/messages

2. Monitor DTMF operation with ‘readinput’ while you are dialing. see what is actually being decoded.

readinput
[real time spill of all action on the radio port
Ctrl-C to quit readinput

3. Try your custom commands using ‘decode’ from the command line.

decode 9200 or
decode <custom-code>

-k9dc

Ken Pokigo

Thanks so much.  I could not remember the command to see the dtmf decode.
It proves what I thought. Tones are not being decoded correctly.  Some are ok but
7 reads as 5
6 reads as 4
3 reads as 1
2 nothing

I dont know what would have happened all of a sudden.
Do you have any ideas?
Thank you so much fro your help

Ken
KC2AYK

On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 07:24:09 AM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 21:22, Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io <kenpokigo101=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

> All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.
> I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up
> When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes
> I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.
>
> Ken
> KC2AYK

There are several things you can do to troubleshoot. Log in to the node and check the following.

1. Look at the IRLP log file /home/irlp/log/messages See what has happened on the past.

cat log/messages  or
less log/messages

2. Monitor DTMF operation with ‘readinput’ while you are dialing. see what is actually being decoded.

readinput
  [real time spill of all action on the radio port
Ctrl-C to quit readinput

3. Try your custom commands using ‘decode’ from the command line.

decode 9200 or
decode <custom-code>

-k9dc

bruce clements

Ken
 Couple of questions

Does the dtmf led light up on all dtmf digits?
 Bruce
Ve3bv

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

Thanks so much.  I could not remember the command to see the dtmf decode.
It proves what I thought. Tones are not being decoded correctly.  Some are ok but
7 reads as 5
6 reads as 4
3 reads as 1
2 nothing

I dont know what would have happened all of a sudden.
Do you have any ideas?
Thank you so much fro your help

Ken
KC2AYK
On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 07:24:09 AM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 21:22, Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io <kenpokigo101=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

> All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.
> I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up
> When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes
> I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.
>
> Ken
> KC2AYK

There are several things you can do to troubleshoot. Log in to the node and check the following.

1. Look at the IRLP log file /home/irlp/log/messages See what has happened on the past.

cat log/messages  or
less log/messages

2. Monitor DTMF operation with ‘readinput’ while you are dialing. see what is actually being decoded.

readinput
  [real time spill of all action on the radio port
Ctrl-C to quit readinput

3. Try your custom commands using ‘decode’ from the command line.

decode 9200 or
decode <custom-code>

The second "bit" is not reading. This is likely a logic issue, most likely caused by a wiring fault.

If this is a Pi node, check the gpio cable, specifically the pins 10, 11, 12 ,13 and 15. I bet you'll find a wire loose.

Otherwise, just check all the wiring.

From: "Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io" <kenpokigo101@...>
Date: 2/8/20 6:10 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: irlp@irlp.groups.io

Thanks so much.  I could not remember the command to see the dtmf decode.
It proves what I thought. Tones are not being decoded correctly.  Some are ok but
7 reads as 5
6 reads as 4
3 reads as 1
2 nothing

I dont know what would have happened all of a sudden.
Do you have any ideas?
Thank you so much fro your help

Ken
KC2AYK
On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 07:24:09 AM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2020, at 21:22, Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io <kenpokigo101=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

> All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.
> I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up
> When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes
> I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.
>
> Ken
> KC2AYK

There are several things you can do to troubleshoot. Log in to the node and check the following.

1. Look at the IRLP log file /home/irlp/log/messages See what has happened on the past.

cat log/messages  or
less log/messages

2. Monitor DTMF operation with ‘readinput’ while you are dialing. see what is actually being decoded.

readinput
  [real time spill of all action on the radio port
Ctrl-C to quit readinput

3. Try your custom commands using ‘decode’ from the command line.

decode 9200 or
decode <custom-code>

-k9dc

Marshall Oldham

Ken,

Do you have power going to the IRLP board? Make sure you have power going to the board.

Marshall

All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.

I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up

When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes

I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.

Ken

KC2AYK

Ken Pokigo

Yes I have DTMF lights when the tones come in.  Also do have power to the  IRLP board

On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 03:37:44 PM EST, Marshall Oldham <ke6pcv@...> wrote:

Ken,

Do you have power going to the IRLP board? Make sure you have power going to the board.

Marshall

All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.

I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up

When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes

I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.

Ken

KC2AYK

Bill Hudson

Ken

We have seen this problem before.  It is decoding the tones.  Go back and read Dave Cameron’s comment.  You have a broken wire on the GPIO cable (assuming you are using a pi).  As Dave said, pins 10, 11, 12, 13 and 15.  Look around for a bad connection.

Bill

All of a sudden my node does not any longer decode the  DTMF tones correctly.

I have custom decode 2 digit numbers set up

When i key in tones the node does weird stuff like tries to connect to nodes

I doesnt seem to be reading the tones correctly but interprets the numbers wrong.

Ken

KC2AYK

Ken Pokigo

You guys are all awesome.   Im not sure what happened but I went through and resoldered
all the DTMF D0-D3 and it seems to work now., so tit was probably a loose connection somewhere.
Thank you all for the help.

Is there a command to determine if you node is connected to another node and the number your currently connected to?

Ken
KC2AYK