Topics

IRLP in Spain and France

vk3jd@...

Next year we will be spending 3 months in Spain and France, and my question is, is IRLP legal in these country's.
I wish to build a tiny node to take with me on this trip.
Any info appreciated.
Regards
John Couch vk3jd

Jim MacKenzie

Can’t comment about Spain.

France, it’s apparently legal, although some people believe that fully automated nodes there would not be.  You can solve this problem by not having the node operate when you are not within range to monitor it.

You’ll also have to research what CEPT reciprocity Australia has.  Canadians need an Advanced license to operate in France.  (Basic with Honours, or Basic with Morse Code, was enough up until last year, if you stayed on VHF/UHF, but no longer.)

73

Jim VE5EV