Topics

IRLPVcon

Mike Alsop

I notice that with the Debian 9 embedded IRLP that if I turn off Vcon & Vmap, leaving only Vmon running via features.env, that all are still accessible like they are still running?? Mike VK8MA

David Cameron - IRLP

All that the setup does was remove the symbolic links. So it's possible that the links got stuck. She want me to log in and make it irlp v mon only, I can fix it for you. That set up is not very commonly used.

David CameronĀ 

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/17/19 7:33 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: [IRLP] IRLPVcon

I notice that with the Debian 9 embedded IRLP that if I turn off Vcon & Vmap, leaving only Vmon running via features.env, that all are still accessible like they are still running?? Mike VK8MA

Mike Alsop

Maybe leave it Dave as I occasionally go in and set something. I know Vcon has been a pain in the butt over in Debian. I have done the updates you suggested and certainly Vmon has settled down and I have it timing out after 5 mins. No real problems with Vmap I must admit, but Vcon can really screw things up. If I use the DTMF facility in Vcon, it completely destroys all the alsamixer settings. Also I note that Vcon never displays those log file entries. I have protected Vcon with a password, so the only person likely to do any damage is me.....LOL. Once you have Butcher all safe and running, especially if the Vcon problems are resolved, I might go ahead and do a full fresh load, and restore. Vcon, et al, and its side effects have been the only issue in the embedded node which I think is brilliant. Mike VK8MA