Topics

IRLPvCON - add user/s

VK4DAK

Howdy!

Quick question - is it possible to add an additional user (or users) to the IRLPvCON list, and potentially log their access (via user name and output the details to a file - if not already doing so)

Reason: I am wishing to give some Net operators some control to control part of the node (Terminate connections, Issue DTMF, See Log, Disable/Enable etc) during their net?

I see it as a “safe” was for operators to have some control over the node, whilst preserving SSH.

Thoughts?

Cheers!
Dave
VK4UQ

kr6wp.jim@...

Hi Dave
My notes on the subject of what you are trying do shows this is how you might do it:

In case any of you are interested in changing the behavior of the
username and password utility within IRLPvCON so that it appends to the
password file rather than overwriting it:

Edit the file /usr/lib/cgi-bin/irlpvcon/irlpvcon_pwd

Look for the line:
if (open (FILE, ">$pwdFile")){

Add a second >
if (open (FILE, ">>$pwdFile")){

Save the file.

Now when you enter a new username and password it appends to the
existing file.

Warning: it does not check for duplicate usernames. It will likely use
the first instance that it encounters.

===
I've just ran this change on a Wheezy RPI node and it works just fine.

hope this helps

Jim G
KR6WP
Node 8240 and many others.

VK4DAK

Gday Jim,

Thanks for your reply.
I am guessing, once the user/pass combos have been entered/added, changing the chevron back to the original - should restore the behaviour of the script (and retain the additional users details?

Either that or simply find the referenced $file location and edit directly?

The last thing I wish for is ransom users adding themselves in and controlling as they please. I only wish to add 2-3 additional users to the list (net controllers).

Ill give it a go and advise the outcome.

Cheers
Dave
VK4DAK

VK4DAK

This was found in the /usr/www/cgi-bin dir rather than /usr/lib/ on my node

kr6wp.jim@...

Yes I suspect you can add the three additional users and then pull the modification back out (undo the change made) and things should be 'frozen in place.