Topics

Kenwood TM-281A new version service manual not dated 2011.

I guess I don't understand why you aren't looking at the data sheet for the audio amp?

From: "Milt Duquette via groups.io"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 11:33:30 AM
Subject: [IRLP] Kenwood TM-281A new version service manual not dated 2011

> Good morning everyon.
>
> Does anyone have a copy of the Kenwood TM-281A new version service manual not dated 2011.
> It is using a 12 pin LA4631vc with 2 mounting studs on side. .
> We have search high and low all through the internet and Kenwood too.
> We want to hook it up to IRLP and take the Kenwood TM-710g off of it.
> I know Ken AH6LE, has been helping out a lot.
> Appreciate the help that was givien out.
>
> We await for any replies
>

> VE6MLD & VE6JES
>
> Thanks
>

> Milt Duquette
>
> 1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)
>
> Web: http://www.photosbymilt.ca
>
> Emails:
>
> miltduquette@...
>
> Twitter: @milt_duquette

Milt Duquette

Good afternoon, Mick.

Yes we have been looking at LA4631vc chip.  Currently we are using pins 7 for vcc and pins 10 for ground and other pin from transistor goes to pin 51 on the ic
We also have an audio hum and  un-squelched audio and no  DTMF output signal to yellow led on node .
Green led  stays constantly even changing cos jumper until shut off.

On Jul 1, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

I guess I don't understand why you aren't looking at the data sheet for the audio amp?

> Does anyone have a copy of the Kenwood TM-281A new version service manual not dated 2011.
> It is using a 12 pin LA4631vc with 2 mounting studs on side. .
> We have search high and low all through the internet and Kenwood too.
> We want to hook it up to IRLP and take the Kenwood TM-710g off of it.
> I know Ken AH6LE, has been helping out a lot.
> Appreciate the help that was givien out.
>
> We await for any replies
>

> VE6MLD & VE6JES
>
> Thanks
>

> Milt Duquette
>
> 1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)
>
> Web: http://www.photosbymilt.ca
>
> Emails:
>
> miltduquette@...
>
> Twitter: @milt_duquette

Milt Duquette

The service manual that came with my TM-281a  is the old service manual with a 10 pin audio amp with one mount bolt  versos the one in my radio with 2 mount bolts and 12 pins

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

Twitter: @milt_duquette

On Jul 1, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

I guess I don't understand why you aren't looking at the data sheet for the audio amp?

> Does anyone have a copy of the Kenwood TM-281A new version service manual not dated 2011.
> It is using a 12 pin LA4631vc with 2 mounting studs on side. .
> We have search high and low all through the internet and Kenwood too.
> We want to hook it up to IRLP and take the Kenwood TM-710g off of it.
> I know Ken AH6LE, has been helping out a lot.
> Appreciate the help that was givien out.
>
> We await for any replies
>

> VE6MLD & VE6JES
>
> Thanks
>

> Milt Duquette
>
> 1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)
>
> Web: http://www.photosbymilt.ca
>
> Emails:
>
> miltduquette@...
>
> Twitter: @milt_duquette

Ken Arck

Milt, did you see this before?

At 11:38 AM 7/1/2020, you wrote:
The service manual that came with my TM-281a  is the old service manual with a 10 pin audio amp with one mount bolt  versos the one in my radio with 2 mount bolts and 12 pins

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web: Â http://www.photosbymilt.ca