Topics

Linksys Router

Corey Dean KF3DY <kf3dy@...>

I hate to ask this here, but I can't find the owner page that had the
linksys info. This is not IRLP related other than the linksys routers that
some of you use. I work for a bank and our internet banking website
requires 128 bit encryption. There old 40 bit passes thru their linksys
router but the 128 doesn't. They just installed this a few days ago, and
tell me there is nothing wrong with their dsl router. Yet, I have them hook
directly into the DSL modem and it work! Confusing as to why it wouldn't
work with the 128 bit encryption. I have NEVER messed with a linksys and
their techie's say all is fine. Is there something I could look at or
rather see if they could check out and see if something isn't right? Seems
as though it should work on SSL right out of the box on their 192.168.1.1
network.

Corey KF3DY

f.marks@...

Corey here is the Address you are looking for
http://www.irlp.net/18-newnode/routers/Linksys.htm
I would check to make sure that the routing is correct
for the Computer.

Good Luck

73's from
VE1FSM
Frank Marks
Webmaster of
http://www.westcumb.com
ve1fsm@...

I hate to ask this here, but I can't find the owner page that had the
linksys info. This is not IRLP related other than the linksys routers that
some of you use. I work for a bank and our internet banking website
requires 128 bit encryption. There old 40 bit passes thru their linksys
router but the 128 doesn't. They just installed this a few days ago, and
tell me there is nothing wrong with their dsl router. Yet, I have them hook
directly into the DSL modem and it work! Confusing as to why it wouldn't
work with the 128 bit encryption. I have NEVER messed with a linksys and
their techie's say all is fine. Is there something I could look at or
rather see if they could check out and see if something isn't right? Seems
as though it should work on SSL right out of the box on their 192.168.1.1
network.

Corey KF3DY

Phil Hebert <n3cdy@...>

Corey,
I don't know the answer to your question, BUT, I routinely use 128 bit
encryption all the time behind my LinkSys box. You can download the most
recent firmware from their website.
Regards, Phil N3CDY