Topics

List purpose

Ron Perry <ronk@...>

ne1h@... wrote:

I'm not picking a fight here. Can someone state the purpose and
rules of this list.
I'm going to be brave. :-)

a) is it replacing the list run off of the irlp.net service?
Yes. I believe so.

b) what is the intent. e.g. content rules?
General info and selfhelp forum for IRLP owners. Sound fair?

c) are there specifically dis-allowed conversations (sales, auctions,
etc).
Hmm sales and auctions aren't really much good to me here in Oz,
although if anyone I guess wants to dispose of an IRLP board, I think
this could be a good place to advertise it. :-)

But please guys this is a worldwide list, so if it has a world wide
implication then it's fair. (ie I couldn't help you modify your radios,
because we don't get them over here, and I'd expect the reverse to be
true too. We use our VK IRLP list for that. (and should). Sound fair?

I'd just like to make sure I don't step in a doo-doo pile before I
know the intent.
Commonsense :-) We do have a mailing list here in Oz for our stuff,
currently it's full of licencing issues, which doesn't apply to anywhere
execpt Oz.

Thanks in advance. I'm a brand new node owner and working through
the final efforts of installation.
I'm just awaiting a radio to be moded and our linking regulations to be
clarified. Might be running it non-linked simplex.

I'll have a family of repeaters here in Atlanta that will on the net
shortly.
Cool Good luck

Alan

Any comments welcome.

Ron

ne1h@...

Tony Langdon <tlangdon@...>

I'm not picking a fight here. Can someone state the purpose and
rules of this list.

a) is it replacing the list run off of the irlp.net service?
b) what is the intent. e.g. content rules?
c) are there specifically dis-allowed conversations (sales, auctions,
etc).
Actually, now tht you mention it, these are good questions. I'd be
interested to know as well, just for reference sake.

I'd just like to make sure I don't step in a doo-doo pile before I
know the intent.
:-)

Thanks in advance. I'm a brand new node owner and working through
the final efforts of installation.
Good luck! :)

I'll have a family of repeaters here in Atlanta that will on the net
shortly.
Will be good to have you aboard. Hey, haven't chatted for a while, back on
places like #AMSAT :) Well, we may get to voice soon. I run the VK3RGL
node and am waiting for my board for a private (for demo and promotion of
IRLP, as well as special/emergency events) node, which will probably take
another 3 weeks to arrive (only posted the order on Monday and the postal
service takes a while from this side of the world :( ).

If you've forgotton who I am...

73 de VK3JED
:)

Kent Roberts <kr1@...>

a) is it replacing the list run off of the irlp.net service?
b) what is the intent. e.g. content rules?
c) are there specifically dis-allowed conversations (sales, auctions,etc).
a. yes

b. Lets try to keep it IRLP related, but other ideas/issues are bound to
come up. - Not a big issue.

c. Not exactly sure how sales/auctions would fit in. Maybe if it was a
controller, or radio, that shouldn't be an issue.

I am not pickie, about the topics. The main reason for setting this up is,
I have seen alot of good info come across the list dealing with issues, and
ideas. I though it should continue. The best part is that there is an
archive of the past memos!!!

Enjoy the list, we can handle an issue if one should arise...

Kent

ne1h@...

Thank Kent,

As we discussed in email, I've made just a couple of changes :).

Alan