Micro-Node reload #piirlp

Jerry Purcell

I have reloaded a friends Micro-Node. I'm able to connect to experimental reflectors only. In the process of reloading the security key is gone. I also need a new VPN for this device. I don't believe he had the VPN from IRLP. So maybe Dave or Dave can tell me what I need to do to get this back up and working.
Thanks,
KC9ZAR - KC9ZAR

Dave K9DC

What is the node number?

-Dave K9DC

On Jun 8, 2021, at 18:15, Jerry Purcell <kc9zar@gmail.com> wrote:

I have reloaded a friends Micro-Node. I'm able to connect to experimental reflectors only. In the process of reloading the security key is gone. I also need a new VPN for this device. I don't believe he had the VPN from IRLP. So maybe Dave or Dave can tell me what I need to do to get this back up and working.
Thanks,
KC9ZAR - KC9ZAR

Jerry Purcell

8641
KC9CW

Thanks Dave
Jerry

Dave K9DC

8641 has only been down for a few weeks, and the key is intact in the network. So it should work fine. However, what did you mean when you said you “reloaded” it.

Nanonodes are damn near impossible to restore if anything has changed. The configuration is tied to the hardware involving a hash of the serial number (burned in to the display panel), and the hardware (mac) address of the raspberry pi. They (micronode Int'l) went to extreme measures to deny folks from ever working on them themselves. With the inventor of that scheme now SK, I am afraid most of the Nanonodes will eventually drop dead as well.

Dave K9DC

On Jun 9, 2021, at 13:17, Jerry Purcell <kc9zar@gmail.com> wrote:

8641
KC9CW