Topics

New 16GB flash upgrades available - limited numbers

David Cameron - IRLP

The last batch sold out really quick. I have another 4 units available at the end of next week. These are to upgrade an older series Embedded node to the latest operating system (Debian 10) from the older flash-based Slackware systems. This allows access to the newer features, such as IRLPVPN, IRLPvCON, online streaming, to name a few. It also allows you to be able to upgrade the OS yourself going forward.

The prices are as below. If you want to order one, I will send a payment request directly to you - last time too many people tried to order them and there was a bit of a mixup.

16GB Flash Disk with Debian 10 and IRLP, reuse power connector - $130US (incl shipping)
16GB Flash Disk with Debian 10 and IRLP, NEW power connector - $140US (incl shipping)

With your request, please send me a picture of the BACK of the node (where the network cable plugs into). Also, please watch this video to know if you can convert your existing power Y cable or not, or if you need me to send you one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dQeIPAajnU

Thanks.

David Cameron
VE7LTD

On 30/06/2020 2:30 p.m., David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
I have new 16GB Industrial flash drives available for older style embedded nodes (based on the VIA ME/ML6000 or LN10000EG). I know a number of people were looking for them.

I have 4 available at this time. They will come configured like a NEW embedded node with all the same features. I will transfer over your old node number and callsign, etc. They will be tested on the identical motherboard here before being shipped.

There is one catch - due to the fact that the NEW connector uses reversed polarity compared to the OLD one, you will have to perform a simple swap of the wires in the connector. I will make a YouTube video to explain how this is done, and if you feel confident in the modification, you can save $10. Otherwise, please order the power cable from me.

16GB Flash Disk with Debian 10 and IRLP, reuse power connector - $130US (incl shipping)
16GB Flash Disk with Debian 10 and IRLP, NEW power connector - $140US (incl shipping)

If you are interested, please contact me directly at sales@... and I will set up the order forms and payment.

Thanks.

David Cameron
VE7LTD

Don Morehouse

Hi Dave.

I have had this node down in the Castlegar area for several years and I am going to give the node to the sponsor.
He has indicated to me that he would like to do the upgrade with the wiring. ($140)
If you can forward any forms etc to me and I will get with Jim and get it all sorted out.
We will do the paperwork and at the same time switch it over to his call etc.
Have enclosed a picture that Jim sent and if not what you require, I will take another photo for you.
The new owner will be: VE7JER

James Edward Rogers
BOX 168
GENELLE, BC V0G 1G0
Canada

Please let me know if you will need anything else.

Don VE7EDA