Topics

New Years Eve Around the World QSO Party

k9dc

The fourteenth annual New Years Eve Around the World QSO Party on Reflector 9600 gets under way officially at 10:30 UTC (05:30 US eastern) Tuesday, December 31. It continues (officially) until 10:30 UTC Wednesday January 1. I say “Officially” because you are welcome to connect much earlier than that (now if you want) and stay as long as you like.

Please note: Reflector 9600 is a different location than we have used in past years. 9600 is a relatively new reflector co-located with server4 in Sydney, and has not had a lot of use. It is the same machine used primarily to serve up IRLP VPN clients in Australia, Asia and Africa (for more information on the IRLP VPN service, see https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/files/IRLP%20VPN%20Service).

This is a casual informal party with no net control or designated operators anytime during the event. Simply stop in, greet your friends, make new ones and simply enjoy yourself as the New Year wends its way around the planet, beginning in New Zealand 11:00 UTC (Dec-31) and ending in Hawaii at 10:00 UTC (Jan-1).

This is an IRLP only event. Please resist the temptation to bridge folks in from other networks just because it sounds like fun. Instead, invite your local friends over to your repeater or encourage them to use a local resource to join in.

Auld lang syne!

Dave K9DC

k9dc

Don’t forget, tomorrow is the day for the QSO party on Reflector 9600 (not 9200). There are a few nodes that have already connected. Come one, come all!

-k9dc

On Dec 21, 2019, at 10:16, Dave Gingrich <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave is there a streaming URL?

WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com

On Monday, December 30, 2019, 5:46:45 PM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

Don’t forget, tomorrow is the day for the QSO party on Reflector 9600 (not 9200).  There are a few nodes that have already connected.  Come one, come all!

-k9dc

> On Dec 21, 2019, at 10:16, Dave Gingrich <dave@...> wrote:
>

> The fourteenth annual New Years Eve Around the World QSO Party on Reflector 9600 gets under way officially at 10:30 UTC (05:30 US eastern) Tuesday, December 31.  It continues (officially) until 10:30 UTC Wednesday January 1.  I say “Officially” because you are welcome to connect much earlier than that (now if you want) and stay as long as you like.
>
> Please note: Reflector 9600 is a different location than we have used in past years. 9600 is a relatively new reflector co-located with server4 in Sydney, and has not had a lot of use. It is the same machine used primarily to serve up IRLP VPN clients in Australia, Asia and Africa (for more information on the IRLP VPN service, see https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/files/IRLP%20VPN%20Service).
>
> This is a casual informal party with no net control or designated operators anytime during the event.  Simply stop in, greet your friends, make new ones and simply enjoy yourself as the New Year wends its way around the planet, beginning in New Zealand 11:00 UTC (Dec-31) and ending in Hawaii at 10:00 UTC (Jan-1).
>
> This is an IRLP only event. Please resist the temptation to bridge folks in from other networks just because it sounds like fun. Instead, invite your local friends over to your repeater or encourage them to use a local resource to join in.
>
> Auld lang syne!
>
> Dave K9DC

k9dc

Nope, No streaming this year. Last year only a couple of folks used it over the 24 hours, and it would have to be reconfigured to carry 9600 anyway. So I have shut that service down.

-k9dc

On Dec 30, 2019, at 17:57, Dave Parks - WB8ODF via Groups.Io <wb8odf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dave is there a streaming URL?

< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com
Node: 8139

OK thanks....

WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com

On 31/12/19 10:59, k9dc wrote:
Nope, No streaming this year. Last year only a couple of folks used it over the 24 hours, and it would have to be reconfigured to carry 9600 anyway. So I have shut that service down.
Pity I've only just seen this.  I could have parked my node on the
reflector, as it has a radioreference stream running off it, which would
have been ideal for those who wanted to listen in that way.  No setup,
other than making the connection would have been needed.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

k9dc

Thanks Tony,
yeah I know, it would have been simple for me too. All I would have had to do was drop the existing stream, and activate the monitor on 9600. But it literally was not used last year at all except by me, to record the stream. Simply was not worth the effort. This year no stats, no recording, just a good time. I really need to go downtown and pull the box out, Since we moved the reflectors to VMs at Vultr.com, it is just wasted space at my local DC.

-k9dc