David Cameron - IRLP

Do the people hear a dead transmission (it starts to transmit but has no audio) or nothing at all?

Have you looked at the mixer settings?

On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
Hi Guys,
I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back sounds great but I can't be heard.
I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the enviromental files.
My PI node is working great (#3407)
Carl Sorensen, NB7C

Carl Sorensen

Yes, it transmits a carrier, no audio. I hate to say it, but I didn't think about the mixer. Since it worked well before, I didn't think anything as would have changed.

Carl, NB7C

On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The
> DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back
> sounds great but I can't be heard.
>
> I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
> enviromental files.
>
> My PI node is working great (#3407)
>
> Carl Sorensen, NB7C

Carl Sorensen

Mic is set at 54.  Line is 47.

Is there anything I should look at?

Carl NB7C

On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The
> DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back
> sounds great but I can't be heard.
>
> I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
> enviromental files.
>
> My PI node is working great (#3407)
>
> Carl Sorensen, NB7C

David Cameron - IRLP

Where is the "CAPTURE" set? What version of embedded node is this? Depending on the version it should be set for Front Mic or Back Mic.

Dave Cameron

On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The
> DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back
> sounds great but I can't be heard.
>
> I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
> enviromental files.
>
> My PI node is working great (#3407)
>
> Carl Sorensen, NB7C

Carl Sorensen

Hi Dave,

You and I updated this embedded node (#3417) recently after we set up the PI node (#3407) earlier this year (maybe this past Fall). We did this because we had trouble with my Internet Provider having an additional Port blockage.  We set it up to use a VPN.  They worked well together and I do not know when the home audio stopped working.

I didn't see a "Capture" setting on this version.  I do remember a "CAPTURE" setting before we updated it.

Carl NB7C

On 2020-06-16 5:13 p.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> Mic is set at 54.  Line is 47.
>
> Is there anything I should look at?
>
> Carl NB7C
>
> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 4:03:20 PM MDT, David Cameron - IRLP
> <dcameron@...> wrote:
>

> Do the people hear a dead transmission (it starts to transmit but has no
> audio) or nothing at all?
>
> Have you looked at the mixer settings?
>
> Dave Cameron
> VE7LTD
>
> On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
>  > Hi Guys,
>  > I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The
>  > DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back
>  > sounds great but I can't be heard.
>  >
>  > I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
>  > enviromental files.
>  >
>  > My PI node is working great (#3407)
>  >
>  > Carl Sorensen, NB7C
>  >

Carl Sorensen

Hi Everyone,

It has been a few weeks since I posted last.  I was surprised I haven't heard anything.  My Node #3417 is still not sending audio.  It had worked until recently.  Still able to connect through the DTMF however no Audio is going out.  Audio is still coming in when connected to another node.

Carl, NB7C
nodes 3417 and 3407

On 2020-06-16 5:13 p.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> Mic is set at 54.  Line is 47.
>
> Is there anything I should look at?
>
> Carl NB7C
>
> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 4:03:20 PM MDT, David Cameron - IRLP
> <dcameron@...> wrote:
>

> Do the people hear a dead transmission (it starts to transmit but has no
> audio) or nothing at all?
>
> Have you looked at the mixer settings?
>
> Dave Cameron
> VE7LTD
>
> On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
>  > Hi Guys,
>  > I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The
>  > DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back
>  > sounds great but I can't be heard.
>  >
>  > I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
>  > enviromental files.
>  >
>  > My PI node is working great (#3407)
>  >
>  > Carl Sorensen, NB7C
>  >

k9dc

I am not sure what you were expecting. If you need specific help, you should contact installs@ irlp.net.

CAPTURE is in alsamixer, probably after a TAB (to move to the INPUT section). But every sound chip set is different.

-k9dc

On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio. The
> DTMF is working fine. I can connect but not heard. Audio coming back
> sounds great but I can't be heard.
>
> I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
> enviromental files.
>
> My PI node is working great (#3407)
>
> Carl Sorensen, NB7C

Rick Szajkowski

Have you tries to connect a speaker to the output ( to repeater ) and see if you have audio ? That would point to a setting change or hardware failure , or could some one changed the spot for the output ( I am going off MY setup on the computer with sound card , I know I miss plugged them one day after a computer upgrade and chased that for a hour till some one said to use a old computer speaker )

Hope this helps

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
Hi Guys,
I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio. The
DTMF is working fine. I can connect but not heard. Audio coming back
sounds great but I can't be heard.

I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
enviromental files.

My PI node is working great (#3407)

Carl Sorensen, NB7C

Carl Sorensen

Hi Dave,

I tried "tab" and "F4 - capture" and both takes me out of alsamixer.  I am not that great with programing, so I need help figuring out why the Audio is not going into the system.  The DTMF is working. I can connect to other nodes and bring them back down, however no audio is going to the other nodes.

It had worked earlier this year.  It hasn't been moved.  Just need to discover where the problem is to fix it.

Carl, NB7C

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 6:34:02 PM MDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

I am not sure what you were expecting.  If you need specific help, you should contact installs@ irlp.net.

CAPTURE is in alsamixer, probably after a TAB (to move to the INPUT section). But every sound chip set is different.

-k9dc

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 12:50, Carl Sorensen via groups.io <carlnb7c=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> It has been a few weeks since I posted last.  I was surprised I haven't heard anything.  My Node #3417 is still not sending audio.  It had worked until recently.  Still able to connect through the DTMF however no Audio is going out.  Audio is still coming in when connected to another node.
>
> Carl, NB7C
> nodes 3417 and 3407
>
> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 7:17:05 PM MDT, Carl Sorensen via groups.io <carlnb7c=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>

> Hi Dave,
>
> You and I updated this embedded node (#3417) recently after we set up the PI node (#3407) earlier this year (maybe this past Fall). We did this because we had trouble with my Internet Provider having an additional Port blockage.  We set it up to use a VPN.  They worked well together and I do not know when the home audio stopped working.
>
> I didn't see a "Capture" setting on this version.  I do remember a "CAPTURE" setting before we updated it.
>
> Carl NB7C
>
> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 6:25:46 PM MDT, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:
>

> Where is the "CAPTURE" set? What version of embedded node is this?
> Depending on the version it should be set for Front Mic or Back Mic.
>
> Dave Cameron
>
> On 2020-06-16 5:13 p.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> > Mic is set at 54.  Line is 47.
> >
> > Is there anything I should look at?
> >
> > Carl NB7C
> >
> > On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 4:03:20 PM MDT, David Cameron - IRLP
> > <dcameron@...> wrote:
> >

> > Do the people hear a dead transmission (it starts to transmit but has no
> > audio) or nothing at all?
> >
> > Have you looked at the mixer settings?
> >
> > Dave Cameron
> > VE7LTD
> >
> > On 2020-06-16 10:00 a.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
> >  > Hi Guys,
> >  > I discovered my embedded node (#3417) wasn't putting out audio.  The
> >  > DTMF is working fine.  I can connect but not heard.  Audio coming back
> >  > sounds great but I can't be heard.
> >  >
> >  > I did the troubleshoot and it said everything passed except #10, the
> >  > enviromental files.
> >  >
> >  > My PI node is working great (#3407)
> >  >
> >  > Carl Sorensen, NB7C
> >  >

Carl Sorensen

this node is on a simplex radio that connects to a 440 MHz repeater.  The radio is receiving audio and the dtmf.  I think the problem is within the node.

Carl, NB7C

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 6:45:31 PM MDT, Rick Szajkowski <va3rzs2@...> wrote:

Have you tries to connect a speaker to the output ( to repeater ) and see if you have audio ? That would point to a setting change or hardware failure , or could some one changed the spot for the output ( I am going off MY setup on the computer with sound card , I know I miss plugged them one day after a computer upgrade and chased that for a hour till some one said to use a old computer speaker )

Hope this helps

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 8:34 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:
>

> I am not sure what you were expecting.  If you need specific help, you should contact installs@ irlp.net.
>
> CAPTURE is in alsamixer, probably after a TAB (to move to the INPUT section). But every sound chip set is different.
>
> -k9dc
>

>> On Jun 29, 2020, at 12:50, Carl Sorensen via groups.io <carlnb7c=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> It has been a few weeks since I posted last.  I was surprised I haven't heard anything.  My Node #3417 is still not sending audio.  It had worked until recently.  Still able to connect through the DTMF however no Audio is going out.  Audio is still coming in when connected to another node.
>>
>> Carl, NB7C
>> nodes 3417 and 3407
>>
>> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 7:17:05 PM MDT, Carl Sorensen via groups.io <carlnb7c=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> You and I updated this embedded node (#3417) recently after we set up the PI node (#3407) earlier this year (maybe this past Fall). We did this because we had trouble with my Internet Provider having an additional Port blockage.  We set it up to use a VPN.  They worked well together and I do not know when the home audio stopped working.
>>
>> I didn't see a "Capture" setting on this version.  I do remember a "CAPTURE" setting before we updated it.
>>
>> Carl NB7C
>>
>> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 6:25:46 PM MDT, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:
>>

>> Where is the "CAPTURE" set? What version of embedded node is this?
>> Depending on the version it should be set for Front Mic or Back Mic.
>>
>> Dave Cameron
>>
>>> On 2020-06-16 5:13 p.m., Carl Sorensen via groups.io wrote:
>>> Mic is set at 54.  Line is 47.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I should look at?
>>>
>>> Carl NB7C
>>>
>>> On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 4:03:20 PM MDT, David Cameron - IRLP
>>> <dcameron@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Do the people hear a dead transmission (it starts to transmit but has no
>>> audio) or nothing at all?
>>>
>>> Have you looked at the mixer settings?
>>>
>>> Dave Cameron
>>> VE7LTD

k9dc

Just use TAB. then use the arrow keys to move around. F4 probably includes an Esc, which is the exit for alsamixer.

-k9dc

On Jun 29, 2020, at 21:33, Carl Sorensen via groups.io <carlnb7c=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I tried "tab" and "F4 - capture" and both takes me out of alsamixer. I am not that great with programing, so I need help figuring out why the Audio is not going into the system. The DTMF is working. I can connect to other nodes and bring them back down, however no audio is going to the other nodes.

It had worked earlier this year. It hasn't been moved. Just need to discover where the problem is to fix it.

Carl, NB7C

Milt Duquette

Don’t forget to enable agc and at bottom of the sliders you will see DO then the audio should come back.

On Jun 29, 2020, at 7:49 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

Just use TAB. then use the arrow keys to move around. F4 probably includes an Esc, which is the exit for alsamixer.

-k9dc

On Jun 29, 2020, at 21:33, Carl Sorensen via groups.io <carlnb7c=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I tried "tab" and "F4 - capture" and both takes me out of alsamixer. I am not that great with programing, so I need help figuring out why the Audio is not going into the system. The DTMF is working. I can connect to other nodes and bring them back down, however no audio is going to the other nodes.

It had worked earlier this year. It hasn't been moved. Just need to discover where the problem is to fix it.

Carl, NB7C

Milt Duquette

Then esc and type alsactl store then hit enter to save

On Jun 29, 2020, at 10:22 PM, Milt Duquette <@miltduquette> wrote:

Don’t forget to enable agc and at bottom of the sliders you will see DO then the audio should come back.

Sent from my iPhone