Topics

no outgoing voice traffoc

dsay2001

Hi.

Our embedded IRLP node isn't sending outbound voice traffic. It will connect to other nodes, and we can hear incoming voice data.

All 'troubleshoot-irlp' tests pass, except one:
Performing INBOUND UDP and TCP Port Forwarding Test
Detecting Incoming IP = xxx.xxx.xxx.77
Testing TCP and UDP ports .. done.

TEST No. 2a REPORT - TCP ERROR - TCP port 15425 is NOT forwarded
                                           correctly.
Waiting 4 seconds .... done.
TEST No. 2b REPORT - UDP PASS - UDP ports 2074-2093 are forwarded correctly.
TEST No. 2c REPORT - EchoLink UDP PASS - UDP ports 5198-5199 are forwarded
                                         correctly.

Performing OUTBOUND Port Test
Testing OUTBOUND TCP and UDP ports ........................... done.

TEST No. 3 REPORT - PASS - All the ports are working OUTBOUND correctly

Press ENTER to continue :

It seems odd that the troubleshoot script reports all outbound tests work, but we're not sending any outbound voice data. What does port 15425 do? It is forwarded through the router, so if that's the issue, I'll have to reach out to Sprint.

We also have Echolink running in the node, and it is working fine, so it doesn't seem like a hardware problem.

Thanks.
Don Sayler W7OXR

The problem you describe is not consistent with the errors you are getting. The port forwarding error will absolutely cause INcoming audio from other IRLP nodes to fail, but outgoing audio (audio from your repeater to other IRLP nodes) will generally work.

In any event, this is fixed by you programing your router correctly. Sprint will not be able to fix it for you.

Please see the notes regarding "IRLP behind a Router or Firewall” at the bottom of the installation documentation page http://www.irlp.net/new-install. This is up to you to fix.

-k9dc

On Apr 15, 2020, at 02:02, dsay2001 <don.sayler@...> wrote:

[...]

Node 3978

dsay2001

Thanks.

 I should have also mentioned that this node has been running for a number of years, and this problem popped up in the last couple of weeks.

 My 'etc/hosts' file looks like this:

 # For loopbacking.

127.0.0.1               localhost

192.168.1.5             stn3978.ip.irlp.net stn3978

Based on the info on the page you referenced, should it just have this?

127.0.0.1 3978 localhost.localdomain localhost

Interesting that the incoming audio still works even with the port forwarding error.

Don

dsay2001

I restarted the node. Its all working again.