Topics

Node 4994 not on status page

Jim Netwal

The node seems to be working fine but hasn't been on the status page for months.  Not much has changed here.  Can you point me in the direction on how to fix it?

Thanks, Jim W9UUM

k9dc

http://status.irlp.net/?nodeid=4994

I am guessing DNS is not set up correctly. The troubleshoot-irlp command tests for that.

-k9dc

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 07:39 PM, k9dc wrote:
I am guessing DNS is not set up correctly. The troubleshoot-irlp command tests for that.

-k9dc
I did a DNS test from the troubleshoot page and it passed.  The port forwarding passed as well.  PGP key also passed.  What can I check next?

Thanks, Jim W9UUM

k9dc

We don’t see it very often these days, but if your ISP happens to route web traffic through a proxy, it may also fail. Most nodes talk to the status page on port 80. But that can be changed to use port 15427 instead. There is a variable in the environment file that can be activated to make that change. Unhash it and restart your node.

#export BEHIND_TRANSPARENT_PROXY=YES

If you want someone to look at it for you, drop a note over to installs@ irlp.net, with your log in information, and one of us will check it out for you.

-k9dc