From: N7SWW@...
Date: 4/25/20 12:53 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: [IRLP] node 7401 error code 40

how do I fix this code I see its an error read/write for sound card Please help

Chris Pitre

Is this used for PC based nodes as well?

Using Debian 10 ...does it apply to that also.

David Cameron - IRLP

Did you bring an old environment file into a new node?

You have to make sure

export USE_APLAY=YES
export USE_AOSS=YES

exists in your environment file.

On 02/06/2020 8:05 a.m., Chris Pitre wrote:
Is this used for PC based nodes as well?

Using Debian 10 ...does it apply to that also.

Chris Pitre

I guess I need to ad that, is there a specific place or  add it in the area that states

"you should not have to edit anything below "

Chris Pitre

To be clear I'm getting the same error on NODE 2803.  I did not want to hijack the thread.

I can continue here or start a new thread

David Cameron - IRLP

Well check that it is not already there, and put it above that line somewhere.

Was this a node that was built from an old backup? What triggered this error to start?

Dave Cameron

On 2020-06-02 9:36 a.m., Chris Pitre wrote:
I guess I need to ad that, is there a specific place or  add it in the area that states
"you should not have to edit anything below "

k9dc

There really is no special place, but I would suggest above that line.

-k9dc

On Jun 2, 2020, at 12:36, Chris Pitre <ve3ctp@...> wrote:

I guess I need to ad that, is there a specific place or add it in the area that states

"you should not have to edit anything below “

k9dc

You can start a new thread if you want.

But one suggestion, it would be helpful if you included enough of the original thread so folks would know what you are talking about. Many of us delete all the old email then we have to log back in to the web page to look up the post you are commenting on.

-k9dc

On Jun 2, 2020, at 12:38, Chris Pitre <ve3ctp@...> wrote:

To be clear I'm getting the same error on NODE 2803. I did not want to hijack the thread.
I can continue here or start a new thread

Chris Pitre

I will start a new thread regarding this