Topics

node early timeout-15min

Milt Duquette

Good evening

I have an PI-IRLP node, and it times out early like 15mins then i have to reintialize the connection to the reflctor. Is there a way to extend timer to 30 mins?

Thanks

VE6MLD

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

Twitter: @milt_duquette

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

Milt Duquette wrote:
I have an PI-IRLP node, and it times out early like 15mins then i have
to reintialize the connection to the reflctor. Is there a way to
extend timer to 30 mins?
In your custom/environment file, what's your REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE?

And what's in custom/timeoutvalue ?

Nick

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...

Milt Duquette

Node 1100 was 20 (1200) to 40 min (2400). By
export REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE=2400

Hope this works when my node 1100 connects to reflector 9300

Thanks

On Nov 7, 2019, at 7:22 PM, Nosey Nick VA3NNW <irlp@...> wrote:

Milt Duquette wrote:
I have an PI-IRLP node, and it times out early like 15mins then i have
to reintialize the connection to the reflctor. Is there a way to
extend timer to 30 mins?

In your custom/environment file, what's your REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE?

And what's in custom/timeoutvalue ?

Nick

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    sig@...
Imagination is more important than knowledge -- Einstein

John

Test it when you don't need to connect it to that reflector.
Exercise proven..

John @ 6163

Milt Duquette wrote:
I have an PI-IRLP node, and it times out early like 15mins then i have
to reintialize the connection to the reflctor. Is there a way to
extend timer to 30 mins?
In your custom/environment file, what's your REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE?
And what's in custom/timeoutvalue ?
Nick
--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...
Imagination is more important than knowledge -- Einstein

Milt Duquette

Ok.
So is the reflector is not in use see if the node times out at 40min or what shoul I try it on?

Milt Duquette wrote:
I have an PI-IRLP node, and it times out early like 15mins then i have
to reintialize the connection to the reflctor. Is there a way to
extend timer to 30 mins?
In your custom/environment file, what's your REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE?
And what's in custom/timeoutvalue ?
Nick
-- > "Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...
Imagination is more important than knowledge -- Einstein

John

You should receive an audible report that the connection is closed, and your log files will confirm it.

Milt Duquette wrote:
I have an PI-IRLP node, and it times out early like 15mins then i have
to reintialize the connection to the reflctor. Is there a way to
extend timer to 30 mins?
In your custom/environment file, what's your REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE?
And what's in custom/timeoutvalue ?
Nick
-- > "Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...
Imagination is more

Milt Duquette

Which folder is the log file in?

Milt Duquette via Groups.Io wrote:
Which folder is the log file in?
EVERYTHING you're likely to need [*] is under ~repeater which is
probably equal to /home/irlp/ - if you are logged in as "repeater" it's
your default home directory, you're probably already in it.
[* yeah OK, apart from the technicality of "needing Linux", and ignoring
EchoLink for now]

In ~repeater is a really obvious "log" directory

In there is a "messages" file with the current log, and a bunch of
"messages.1" .2 .3 older logs of various different ages, probably 1 a
month for the last 5 months if you're running the default setup.

Enjoy!

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...
Things are more like they used to be than they are now.