obtained used equipment

@KE5LGG

Hello,

I have obtained two different nodes that were purchased by other people years ago. One was on the air and functional when removed from service and the other, from what everyone can remember, has never been on the air as they had issues with internet access. Both nodes are somewhere around 10 years old. We are wanting to get these nodes on the air and this will be my first time dealing with IRLP. I am trying to do as much research and learn what i can before moving forward. I had planned on doing a new install of the software on both PC's since they are so old. According to the install documents I will be asked who ordered the node and the approximate order date . Since i do not have this information, how do i proceed?

Cody
KE5LGG

Dave K9DC

First off, Welcome! Second you will find useful information at the website, http://www.irlp.net/ including the installation documentation at http://www.irlp.net/new-install

Lastly, for information about your specific nodes, you should contact (email) installs@ irlp.net

If they have been off the air for 10 years, it is very likely the numbers were removed from the network some time ago. But the folks at installs@ irlp.net can help you with that. You will need to know the original node number.

Dave K9DC

On Jul 3, 2021, at 08:37, cj@bransoncreek.net wrote:

Hello,

I have obtained two different nodes that were purchased by other people years ago. One was on the air and functional when removed from service and the other, from what everyone can remember, has never been on the air as they had issues with internet access. Both nodes are somewhere around 10 years old. We are wanting to get these nodes on the air and this will be my first time dealing with IRLP. I am trying to do as much research and learn what i can before moving forward. I had planned on doing a new install of the software on both PC's since they are so old. According to the install documents I will be asked who ordered the node and the approximate order date . Since i do not have this information, how do i proceed?

Cody
KE5LGG

txw5csm@...

Cody - I sort of had a similar situation.  I was gifted two PiRLP nodes.  The owner did not remember the password.  I ended up spending the $75 (including shipping) to get fresh software pre-configured under my call sign.  I might have spent a lot if time and effort only to end up spending the money anyway.

73 - Dave W5CSM node 7494 (in progress)