Topics

PI IRLP Double IP Address

Ken Pokigo

I have a weird problem with my Pi node.
I have it set for static IP on eth0 as boot up default ex. 192.168.1.118
When i boot the node and look at the connected  devices in my router, I see the 192.168.1.118 static  device.
However there appears to be a second DHCP address assigned for the node as well, ex. 192.168.1.44
Anyone have a clue whats going on?

I have my ports open to 192.168.1.118 and everything works fine...
Why the 2 IPs?

Ken
KC2AYK

Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724

is it possible that one is a hardwire IP assignment and the other is
your pi connecting via wifi?

On 11/27/19, Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io <kenpokigo101=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have a weird problem with my Pi node.I have it set for static IP on eth0
as boot up default ex. 192.168.1.118When i boot the node and look at the
connected devices in my router, I see the 192.168.1.118 static
device.However there appears to be a second DHCP address assigned for the
node as well, ex. 192.168.1.44Anyone have a clue whats going on?
I have my ports open to 192.168.1.118 and everything works fine...
Why the 2 IPs?

Ken KC2AYK

David McAnally

Routers sometimes cache DHCP connected devices so the same IP can be assigned when they reconnect. You are probably seeing an inactive DHCP record. That record will probably go away eventually unless the device reconnects via DHCP again.

David M.
WD5M

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:03 AM Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io <kenpokigo101=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have a weird problem with my Pi node.
I have it set for static IP on eth0 as boot up default ex. 192.168.1.118
When i boot the node and look at the connected  devices in my router, I see the 192.168.1.118 static  device.
However there appears to be a second DHCP address assigned for the node as well, ex. 192.168.1.44
Anyone have a clue whats going on?

I have my ports open to 192.168.1.118 and everything works fine...
Why the 2 IPs?

Ken
KC2AYK

Ken Pokigo

Thank you for the suggestions so far.
I will check
The PI has no wifi adapter

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:07:25 PM EST, David McAnally <david.mcanally@...> wrote:

[...]

David Cameron - IRLP

The problem is you set the static IP address using /etc/network/interfaces, and your node is also running the WICD system.

The problem is that wicd is not set to ignore the settings in /etc/network/interfaces, and it happily overwrites them.

So, if this sound familiar (or you have the static IP assigned in /etc/network/interfaces), you need to remove wicd.

apt-get remove wicd-curses

David Cameron

VE7LTD

On 2019-11-27 9:15 a.m., Ken Pokigo via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Thanks Dave, Ill check it out tonight