Topics

PiIrlp raspberry node to repeater

Milt Duquette

We just redirected my simplex PIIrlp node aimed to 146.700- Hat horizons Club repeater.

Is there anything i have to chqange ot do in the board jumpers?

It is not physically connected to repeater just pointed and changed my frequency on my radio anaimed. there repeater is 8 kms away from me and my node 1100.

k9dc

Nothing to do on the node, but the repeater likely will have to be modified to support IRLP.

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:19, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

We just redirected my simplex PIIrlp node aimed to 146.700- Hat horizons Club repeater.

It is not physically connected to repeater just pointed and changed my frequency on my radio anaimed. there repeater is 8 kms away from me and my node 1100.

k9dc

Here is how you can test if the repeater is compatible with IRLP or not. Log in to the node and run the command ‘pulsecheck’ Once while on a simplex frequency, and a second time on the repeater frequency. The results should be identical.

If you get back a large value (over 500) from the repeater, you will not be able to use your node until you modify the repeater. Either by removing the hang time, and any courtesy tones and IDs. Hang time, IDs, courtesy tones and any controller announcements are not acceptable coming in to the IRLP network.

One possible method is to transmit a keyed PL tone, only when the repeater receiver is hearing a signal. This can be non-trivial to add to an existing repeater. It helps if you personally own the repeater (because you don’t have to ask anyone for permission).

It is always better to hardwire the node to the repeater. But I understand that is not always possible.

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:24, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

Nothing to do on the node, but the repeater likely will have to be modified to support IRLP.

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:19, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

Milt Duquette

We did get rid of the hang time, squelch tail and I’d
Thanks for the info.
ve6mld

On Jan 21, 2020, at 9:59 AM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

Here is how you can test if the repeater is compatible with IRLP or not. Log in to the node and run the command ‘pulsecheck’ Once while on a simplex frequency, and a second time on the repeater frequency. The results should be identical.

If you get back a large value (over 500) from the repeater, you will not be able to use your node until you modify the repeater. Either by removing the hang time, and any courtesy tones and IDs. Hang time, IDs, courtesy tones and any controller announcements are not acceptable coming in to the IRLP network.

One possible method is to transmit a keyed PL tone, only when the repeater receiver is hearing a signal. This can be non-trivial to add to an existing repeater. It helps if you personally own the repeater (because you don’t have to ask anyone for permission).

It is always better to hardwire the node to the repeater. But I understand that is not always possible.

-k9dc

-k9dc

Milt Duquette

Question:

What are the default settings in /home/irlp/features/controller/controller.env file?
mine show:

the hangtime in milliseconds
export controller hangtime=5000

The shorttkey time=0

The alligator time = 500

dtmf mute = no

the dtmf mute duration = 1000

the ID interval=1000

the CTFREQ for the tone used for courtesy beep = 800.

When i turn onpiirlp node i get lttle over have the connection announcement, when i disconnect from reflector i get the wholle disconnect announcement.

What should be corrected
What are the deault setting?

I here the whole announcements through the speaker from the node, but only half through the radio output.

Await your response

Thanks
VE6MLD NODE 1100

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Thanks for the info. 
ve6mld

Here is how you can test if the repeater is compatible with IRLP or not. Log in to the node and run the command ‘pulsecheck’  Once while on a simplex frequency, and a second time on the repeater frequency. The results should be identical. 

One possible method is to transmit a keyed PL tone, only when the repeater receiver is hearing a signal.  This can be non-trivial to add to an existing repeater.  It helps if you personally own the repeater (because you don’t have to ask anyone for permission). 

-k9dc

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:19, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

Twitter: @milt_duquette

Milt Duquette

On Jan 26, 2020, at 12:06 PM, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Question:

What are the default settings in /home/irlp/features/controller/controller.env file?
mine show:

The shorttkey time=0

The alligator time = 500

dtmf mute = no

the ID interval=1000

When i turn onpiirlp node i get lttle over have the connection announcement, when i disconnect from reflector i get the wholle disconnect announcement.

What should be corrected

I here the whole announcements through the speaker from the node, but only half through the radio output.

Await your response

Thanks
VE6MLD NODE 1100

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Thanks for the info. 
ve6mld

Here is how you can test if the repeater is compatible with IRLP or not. Log in to the node and run the command ‘pulsecheck’  Once while on a simplex frequency, and a second time on the repeater frequency. The results should be identical. 

One possible method is to transmit a keyed PL tone, only when the repeater receiver is hearing a signal.  This can be non-trivial to add to an existing repeater.  It helps if you personally own the repeater (because you don’t have to ask anyone for permission). 

-k9dc

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:19, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

<Milt's Overlay Logo - Black on White 1 x1-1-Quick Preset_175x175.jpg>

David Cameron - IRLP

Milt, you will not be using anything in that file unless you are operating the node AS the repeater controller.

What you show are default values.

Dave Cameron
VE7LTD

On 26/01/2020 11:06 a.m., Milt Duquette via Groups.Io wrote:
Question:

mine show:

The shorttkey time=0

The alligator time = 500

dtmf mute = no

the ID interval=1000

What should be corrected

Await your response

Thanks
VE6MLD NODE 1100

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette=mac.com@groups.io <mailto:Miltduquette=mac.com@groups.io>> wrote:

Thanks for the info.
ve6mld
On Jan 21, 2020, at 9:59 AM, k9dc <Dave@... <mailto:Dave@...>> wrote:

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:24, k9dc <dave@... <mailto:dave@...>> wrote:

-k9dc

On Jan 21, 2020, at 11:19, Milt Duquette via Groups.Io <Miltduquette=mac.com@groups.io <mailto:Miltduquette=mac.com@groups.io>> wrote:

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web: http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

@miltduquette <mailto:@miltduquette>