PiRLP Help

ve7mmg@...

Hi,
I have been using PiRLP for a few years with no issues,

A week ago I needed my Rpi 3+ for another project while my new Rpi arrived. I removed the SD card and when  I was ready to reuse my Rpi for my IRLP node and reinserted the IRLP SD card into the original Rpi and I have an issue.

=When using the echo reflector I hear everything "prompt" except not my audio returning, only a silent carrier.
I followed Dave's video to setup the audio levels using PuTTY .
alsamixer and a second PuTTY with audiotest and my original settings were still valid, no change needed.
When I went to use,
repeater@stn1492:~/$ killall dtmf
repeater@stn1492:~/$ arecord -V mono /dev/null
Recording WAVE '/dev/null' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
#+                                                 | 00%

I had no audio going thru, it did not move from 00% no matter what settings I changed in the alsamixer "in the second window"

I am not a proficient Linux user, however I have set up a few nodes .

Any help will be super appreciated,

Mike

William Franzin

I'd start with listing the audio devices, "arecord -l" or "arecord --list-devices"

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM <ve7mmg@...> wrote:
[...]

Ruben Martinez

Try desabling auto gain

Charles Wiant

I would start checking ports and IP address before anything else

On Jun 27, 2021, at 9:24 PM, Ruben Martinez <ruben@...> wrote:

Try desabling auto gain

ve7mmg@...

Thanks for getting back to me,

Results,

card 0: Device [USB PnP Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I also checked my Port Forwarding s and they are all their with the Rpi connected to that port 192.168.1.78
I also tried the test with the Auto Gain Control on and off, "same results"

ve7mmg@...

After rebooting the Rpi and my radio was on I heard "an error has occurred" .

How can I find a record of the error?

Thanks,
My node is 1492

But have you run troubleshoot-irlp?

As repeater: troubleshoot-irlp

> card 0: Device [USB PnP Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> I also checked my Port Forwarding s and they are all their with the Rpi connected to that port 192.168.1.78
> I also tried the test with the Auto Gain Control on and off, "same results"

Everything is logged in /home/irlp/log/messages

From: ve7mmg@...
Date: 2021-06-28 10:14 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

After rebooting the Rpi and my radio was on I heard "an error has occurred" .

How can I find a record of the error?

Thanks,
My node is 1492

ve7mmg@...

I checked the log, noting I could see except "PTT locked"  so I tested with the echo reflector. still no audio back and I looked at the messages again and I could see my connect and disconnect.

I rebooted the system once more and voila it's good now.

Thanks everybody for your help. However I suspect David did something in the background to get it back up, THANKS.

This is a great community,

Mike

David Cameron - IRLP

I didn't log into your node, so whatever happened it was on its own.

Dave

I checked the log, noting I could see except "PTT locked"  so I tested with the echo reflector. still no audio back and I looked at the messages again and I could see my connect and disconnect.

I rebooted the system once more and voila it's good now.

Thanks everybody for your help. However I suspect David did something in the background to get it back up, THANKS.

This is a great community,

Mike

Ken Arck

Dave

Nevermind. I think the easiest solution for all is to simply start with a fresh Buster virgin image and install IRLP on it (as I have a very recent backup)

Thanks for your offer however

Ken

At 01:26 PM 6/28/2021, you wrote:
I didn't log into your node, so whatever happened it was on its own.Â
Dave