PiRLP seems to be doubling the first DTMF digit it receives #piirlp

Bill Tyler

The PiRLP system at my club's repeater shack seems to be doubling the first digit of any DTMF sequence it receives. That is, someone sends 1234 and the log shows 11234. Is this a known issue? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
--
Bill, AJ6CQ

Dave K9DC

What type of repeater controller are you using? It sounds like the port is configured to decode received digits and then regenerate DTMF digits sent to the IRLP node. Disable that feature on your repeater controller. You really need to know the precise details of your controller and how it is programmed.

-k9dc

On Jan 28, 2021, at 13:17, Bill Tyler <wtyler@gmail.com> wrote:

The PiRLP system at my club's repeater shack seems to be doubling the first digit of any DTMF sequence it receives. That is, someone sends 1234 and the log shows 11234. Is this a known issue? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
--
Bill, AJ6CQ

Have you run readinput to see what the node is seeing for a DTMF input? What is your node number?

su - root

/home/irlp/bin/readinput

--

Bill Tyler

After sending the original question, the problem has almost certainly been identified as coming from an Arcom controller that's forwarding DTMF to the PiRLP, not internal to the PiRLP itself.

Bill
AJ6CQ

--
Bill, AJ6CQ