Topics

Re-post

Re-post (since the group seems to be emailing me again)

Hello to all,

It's been a while since I have posted here. One of my scripts doesn't work and I know the "WHY" but I'm at a loss as to "HOW" to fix it.

When my node connects to the exp reflector 0016 to listen to Amateur Radio Newsline it creates the "$LOCAL/active" file containing exp0016 as it should. When the news is finished it disconnects you, again... as it should but it doesn't remove the "$LOCAL/active" file so, my I script doesn't know 0016 has disconnected.

Any ideas? Is this a bug/feature of experimental reflectors?

A temporary fix is to time the news cast (as it rarely runs over 20 minutes) so I could set a timer to stop the script at 22 minutes or so, but I'd really rather get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks AllĀ

--
** Dave Parks **
1-734-219-2010

I totally take comfort in the fact that there are IRLP police other than Dave C and Dave G.

Thank you for your opinion. It went straight to TRASH.

Have a good weekend.