Topics

Reflector 9601, SpaceX Dragon Crew Demo-2

k9dc

A bit of an experiment, but IRLP is going to attempt to provide a stream of the Demo-2 launch audio, now set for Saturday May 30. Tune in to Reflector 9601 beginning at 1100 eastern (1500 UTC). The launch is scheduled to happen at 1522 eastern (1922 UTC). We expect to keep the stream up until the dragon docks with the ISS some 15 hours later. Weather forecast sounds a little questionable, if the mission is scrubbed, the next attempt will be the following day, Sunday.

A few cautions before connecting.

1. Reflector 9601 is configured for listen only, no matter how strong you are.

2. Since this launch is hosted by SpaceX (not NASA), it is possible the stream may include content not normally considered appropriate for your repeater. It is possible it might include a advertisement or music. If you don’t like what you hear, it is your responsibility to disconnect. We will not be exercising any control over the traffic.

3. Extended transmissions are possible. All IRLP Nodes have a non-configurable, built-in timeout of five minutes. If your repeater has a timeout shorter than five minutes, it may drop out prematurely. We think (hope) there will be breaks in less than 5 minute intervals. But no guarantee, so you may have to reconnect if your node times out.

4. Make sure you have the means to disconnect. If your node is configured for duplex control allowing you to disconnect while your node is transmitting, you are good. Otherwise you may need SSH access or other means to manually disconnect. This is particularly important for simplex nodes.

Enjoy!

-k9dc

Rick Szajkowski

Thank you very much for this !

Richard Szajkowski
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On May 29, 2020, at 8:42 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Alsop

Node 6800 in Australia is ready to go with this. Thanks.

Mike
VK8MA

On Fri, 2020-05-29 at 20:42 -0400, k9dc wrote:
[...]

Phil Zocco

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73,

Phil N1BOW
Node 5960
AMT MP 113.6
Niantic, CT USA Earth

[...]

We were able to secure a good feed that does not contain any extra commentary, and should work well for the duration.

David Cameron
VE7LTD

On 30/05/2020 7:41 a.m., Phil Zocco wrote:
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73,

Phil N1BOW
Node 5960
AMT MP 113.6
Niantic, CT USA Earth

[...]

Warren D

This is working very well. Thank you to all that made this available.

73,

Warren, AB4GE
Node 4567
Macclenny, FL

--... ...--

On May 30, 2020, at 11:42 AM, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

[...]

Garry

Working very well in Georgia - Thank you very much!

Garry   K4KAH
Node 8619
Brunswick,  GA.

On 5/30/2020 12:23 PM, Warren D wrote:
[...]

Garry Harley K4KAH
912-215-2210
www.k4kah.us

The information contained in this transmission is confidential. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or organization(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or further distribution is
not permitted.

bargainmemorycards@...

In order to listen to this, do I just connect to REF9601

Ian

David Cameron - IRLP

Yes. There is not a lot of communication currently, but if you connect and listen you'll hear the traffic.

Dave

In order to listen to this, do I just connect to REF9601

Ian

bargainmemorycards@...

Thanks Dave

73's

Butch Bussen

Yep, very nice. Thanks much.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sat, 30 May 2020, bargainmemorycards@... wrote:

Thanks Dave

73's

Rick NK7I

Thank you!

It beat the heck out of the constant yammer yammer on SCI channel (but they are in HD, unlike NASA).

The reflector option is appreciated.

Rick NK7I
7962

Smell Czech corruptions are inevitable

On May 30, 2020, at 11:06 AM, Butch Bussen <butchb@...> wrote:

Yep, very nice. Thanks much.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sat, 30 May 2020, bargainmemorycards@... wrote:

Thanks Dave

73's

David Cameron - IRLP

The stream started broadcasting the commentary for some reason, so I have cut it off for now. If it goes back to just the comms audio, I will turn it back on. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of what NASA sends out.

Dave VE7LTD

[...]

Yeah, I don’t know anyone that works for NASA.

On May 30, 2020, at 16:11, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

[...]

Daniel Decourt

Just wanted to say thanks! I tuned in up to the point of the commentary as well- a wonderful option to have!

Thanks again!
Daniel
W3WDD

On May 30, 2020, at 4:15 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Wayne Zehner

Thanks for putting that on David, very clear audio !

Wayne
K9WZ Plymouth, Indiana
Node 4330

On 5/30/2020 4:11 PM, David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
[...]

John P.

Yes David, thanks for putting this on. As others have reported the audio was excellent.  After I dropped the reflector for the nodes that I maintain I received several comments thanking me for providing the audio.  The thanks go to you.  I was asked to link it back up so they could hear any additional transmissions so I did.  Is the feed from NASA still active?  If not, will you be providing the audio again when they get close to docking with the space station?

John
AB0VX
Nodes 3328, 3548, 3748, & 7623

David Cameron - IRLP

The problem is the commentary. I don't want to send that stream. For some reason after the launch, the feed I have changed to the audio from NASA TV, which contains more commentary.

I will try again in the morning, and see what is sent. The problem I am also having is there are no breaks in the audio when the commentary is active.

Dave Cameron

On 2020-05-30 2:44 p.m., John P. wrote:
Yes David, thanks for putting this on. As others have reported the audio was excellent.  After I dropped the reflector for the nodes that I maintain I received several comments thanking me for providing the audio.  The thanks go to you.  I was asked to link it back up so they could hear any additional transmissions so I did.  Is the feed from NASA still active?  If not, will you be providing the audio again when they get close to docking with the space station?

John
AB0VX
Nodes 3328, 3548, 3748, & 7623

David Cameron - IRLP

I just noted the commentators have stopped, so I put the audio back on for now (2:55pm Pacific).

Dave

On 2020-05-30 2:44 p.m., John P. wrote:
Yes David, thanks for putting this on. As others have reported the audio was excellent.  After I dropped the reflector for the nodes that I maintain I received several comments thanking me for providing the audio.  The thanks go to you.  I was asked to link it back up so they could hear any additional transmissions so I did.  Is the feed from NASA still active?  If not, will you be providing the audio again when they get close to docking with the space station?

John
AB0VX
Nodes 3328, 3548, 3748, & 7623

Carl Sorensen

I agree. Thanks Dave.  I first got interested in IRLP when a friend had NASA audio from the shuttle running on his repeater.  He has since become a SK, so today brought back some good memories.

Carl, NB7C nodes 3407 es 3417
SW Idaho

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 11:57:45 AM MDT, bargainmemorycards@... <bargainmemorycards@...> wrote:

Thanks Dave