Topics

removing the new built in TNC from an Alinco MK III?

Mark Melvin

I bought a new Alinco DR-135T mkIII to replace my old radio which needed replacement. On the IRLP web site it is posted that the built-in TNC needs to be removed from this unit? I searched around on the Internet and IRLP web site but I haven't found anything to show how to do this. Any insight or help?

David Cameron - IRLP

It is really easy. Open up the radio top and bottom. Look at the cable that feeds to the DB9 on the back of the radio. If it plugs directly into the main board of the radio, then there is no TNC. If it plugs into a little daughter board on top of the main board, just remove the board, and attach the DB9 cable direct where the daughterboard used to plug in.

Dave Cameron