Topics

scout contact anyone

RON PLACE

Hi my amateur friends. I am looking for someone to give me a call on the ve4wsc node  #1809  on October 20th. Our Winnipeg Seniors club will be hosting about 20 boy scouts and it sure would be  nice if anyone has time they might give me a call so I can demonstrate the IRLP and ham radio. If you know any scouts that might join in that would be great. We will be doing some cw and ssb contacts and also talking on the local repeater . It starts at 1300 cst and ends at 1500. Hope to hear from you. 73 ron ve4pl  node 1809.

k9dc

If I may offer a suggestion, this kind of activity is usually better suited for a Reflector. Simply state you will be on Reflector XXXX (pick one) between these hours. Please call in to XXXX to talk to the scouts. The reason for this suggestion is multiple nodes may be interested in contacting you for this event. But only one node at a time can actually call you. There is no limit to the number of nodes that can connect to a Reflector. All reflector channels in the network are available to you for this type of operation. You can contact a reflector admin in advance for a suggested channel if you want, but that is not technically required. All reflectors are open to all nodes.

-k9dc

On Oct 11, 2019, at 17:00, RON PLACE via Groups.Io <ron_place=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Hi my amateur friends. I am looking for someone to give me a call on the ve4wsc node #1809 on October 20th. Our Winnipeg Seniors club will be hosting about 20 boy scouts and it sure would be nice if anyone has time they might give me a call so I can demonstrate the IRLP and ham radio. If you know any scouts that might join in that would be great. We will be doing some cw and ssb contacts and also talking on the local repeater . It starts at 1300 cst and ends at 1500. Hope to hear from you. 73 ron ve4pl node 1809.

Tom E H Gruis

Feel free to use 9365, which is tied to the Des Moines, Iowa 10 meter repeater, up to net time. Our net meets Sundays and Thursdays at 19:30, Iowa time.

My personal node is 7793.

Doc KØHTF.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019, 17:53 k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

If I may offer a suggestion, this kind of activity is usually better suited for a Reflector. Simply state you will be on Reflector XXXX (pick one) between these hours. Please call in to XXXX to talk to the scouts.  The reason for this suggestion is multiple nodes may be interested in contacting you for this event.  But only one node at a time can actually call you.  There is no limit to the number of nodes that can connect to a Reflector.  All reflector channels in the network are available to you for this type of operation. You can contact a reflector admin in advance for a suggested channel if you want, but that is not technically required.  All reflectors are open to all nodes.

-k9dc

> On Oct 11, 2019, at 17:00, RON PLACE via Groups.Io <ron_place=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Hi my amateur friends. I am looking for someone to give me a call on the ve4wsc node  #1809  on October 20th. Our Winnipeg Seniors club will be hosting about 20 boy scouts and it sure would be  nice if anyone has time they might give me a call so I can demonstrate the IRLP and ham radio. If you know any scouts that might join in that would be great. We will be doing some cw and ssb contacts and also talking on the local repeater . It starts at 1300 cst and ends at 1500. Hope to hear from you. 73 ron ve4pl  node 1809.

pete damron

Ron Place.
Only my opinion. But I would Connect to A Reflector. Exsample 9020... send out  Prior  Invitations of what time you will host your round table. This way multiple stations can round table same time. Better serving the Air time and contacts.
Pete Damron
N5ZLW
3182 Irlp....Reflector 9070

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019, 4:00 PM RON PLACE via Groups.Io <ron_place=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Hi my amateur friends. I am looking for someone to give me a call on the ve4wsc node  #1809  on October 20th. Our Winnipeg Seniors club will be hosting about 20 boy scouts and it sure would be  nice if anyone has time they might give me a call so I can demonstrate the IRLP and ham radio. If you know any scouts that might join in that would be great. We will be doing some cw and ssb contacts and also talking on the local repeater . It starts at 1300 cst and ends at 1500. Hope to hear from you. 73 ron ve4pl  node 1809.

pete damron

K9DC
JUMPED the gun...You had already made that suggestion.
Which as you said...
Pete
N5ZLW

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019, 7:43 PM pete damron via Groups.Io <Petedamron1955=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Mike Alsop

There will be a world wide IRLP reflector on 9091 for the whole JOTA.

Mike
VK8MA

On Fri, 2019-10-11 at 19:45 -0500, pete damron wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the help all.  The St.Aiden's scout group in Winnipeg will be listening on reflector 9091 and hope to make some contacts . I might be on node 1809 ve4wsc if you want to give me a call sometime 73 Ron ve4pl