Topics

SHARI?

David McAnally

Has anyone connected a SHARI radio to Raspberry PI IRLP node? I'm considering converting some existing PC IRLP nodes.

David M.
WD5M
IRLP 7658 and others

David McAnally

I guess I should say an SA818 radio module instead of SHARI. The SHARI is an example of the SA818 on Allstar. Seems like that could be adapted to work with IRLP Raspberry PI.

David M.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 9:19 PM David McAnally <david.mcanally@...> wrote:
Has anyone connected a SHARI radio to Raspberry PI IRLP node? I'm considering converting some existing PC IRLP nodes.

David M.
WD5M
IRLP 7658 and others

Fred

David,

                I don’t know of anyone that has used these for IRLP.    I’ve heard they work really well on Allstar.    For IRLP you’d have to bring COS and PTT off the GPIO pins on the pi to the sound interface, but not seeing one in person,  not sure how hard that’d be to do.

Fred

W5MGM

STN 7845 and a few more.

I guess I should say an SA818 radio module instead of SHARI. The SHARI is an example of the SA818 on Allstar. Seems like that could be adapted to work with IRLP Raspberry PI.

David M.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 9:19 PM David McAnally <david.mcanally@...> wrote:

Has anyone connected a SHARI radio to Raspberry PI IRLP node? I'm considering converting some existing PC IRLP nodes.

David M.

WD5M

IRLP 7658 and others

David McAnally

Hey Fred,
Yeah, one of the guys in our group assembled the SHARI for Allstar and likes it. Could have better RF filtering, and there's the idle power save delay issue, but it works otherwise. As you know, the SA818 is also in the Clearnode. We'd like to convert some PC nodes to PiRLP using the SA818. Thought I'd see if someone had already done it.

David M.