Topics

Simplex node ID

Albert Febraro <w6aax@...>

Should my simplex node be sending an ID over the air even though the node is usually idle? If so how can I enable this in the software?
73,
Al
W6AAX
stn3913

Rick NK7I

Because you are bound by the FCC and they’ve treated an ID when the station is not actively used (a repeater on standby) as a beacon or a one way transmission, the answer is no.

Besides it’s annoying to repeatedly hear (unless you specifically don’t use PL during an ID).

ID is a setting in the config.

Rick NK7I

Smell Czech corruptions are inevitable

On Apr 27, 2020, at 10:37 AM, Albert Febraro <w6aax@...> wrote:

Should my simplex node be sending an ID over the air even though the node is usually idle? If so how can I enable this in the software?
73,
Al
W6AAX
stn3913

Dave Schultheis

Al AAX wrote:

Should my simplex node be sending an ID over the air even though the node is usually idle? If so how can I enable this in the software?

Your node need only identify every ten minutes when it is transmitting, with one final ID at the end of a series of transmissions.

There is no need for it to identify when it is idle.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

Albert Febraro <w6aax@...>

That’s what I thought.
Thanks,
Al

On Apr 27, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Dave Schultheis <dave6592@...> wrote:

Al AAX wrote:

Should my simplex node be sending an ID over the air even though the node is usually idle? If so how can I enable this in the software?

Your node need only identify every ten minutes when it is transmitting, with one final ID at the end of a series of transmissions.

There is no need for it to identify when it is idle.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

Jim MacKenzie

Ten minutes in the US; in other countries, the time can vary (e.g. Canada, 30 minutes).

73
Jim VE5EV

On 2020-04-28 12:48 p.m., Gary - AG0N wrote:

On Apr 27, 2020, at 11:37, Albert Febraro <w6aax@...> wrote:
how Should my simplex node be sending an ID over the air even though the node is usually idle?
No. The FCC ruled on that long ago. It should ID whenever the transmitter has been in use for 10 minutes or more, and once within 10 minutes of the last transmission.
Gary - AG0N

pete damron

The slightest  vor/cos  inter mode  noise  can reset the I'd timer also.
Pete Damron
M5ZLW

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020, 2:48 PM Gary - AG0N <mcduffie@...> wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2020, at 11:37, Albert Febraro <w6aax@...> wrote:
>
> Should my simplex node be sending an ID over the air even though the node is usually idle?

No.  The FCC ruled on that long ago.  It should ID whenever the transmitter has been in use for 10 minutes or more, and once within 10 minutes of the last transmission.

Gary - AG0N

David Cameron - IRLP

The timer is based on PTT transmit signals, not COR (unless operating as a repeater controller, but that is a different ID script).

Dave