Gavin Jacobs

I have a Pi based node #1196. I have it connected to my LAN here in AZ using a DDWRT router. It appears to be working. I can connect to the echo reflector and I can connect to various random nodes. Meanwhile, back in BC, our club repeater has node #1660. Users of 1660 have successfully connected to me here at 1196, BUT I cannot connect to 1660. I get an audible message "An error has occurred. <ding> <ding> The call attempt has timed out. The connection has been lost."
In my (1196) log file it says:
Jan 22 2020 10:33:56 -0700 IRLP call initiated to stn1660
Jan 22 2020 10:34:06 -0700 timeout connect

Can I ask a few of you to try to connect to 1660 and report back here? NB please look ahead in your Inbox to see if others have already tried this, so we don't swamp 1660 with connections all day.

Thanks
Gavin Jacobs
VE7GSJ

David Cameron - IRLP

1660 is responding fine from my location at this time. It is possible that a temporary outage caused the issue you were seeing.

Try it again.

David Cameron

On 2020-01-22 09:37, Gavin Jacobs wrote:
[...]
Links:
------
[1] https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/message/76718
[2] https://groups.io/mt/69984818/500965
[3] https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/post
[4] https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/editsub/500965
[5] https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/leave/defanged

Gavin Jacobs

Thanks for checking it out.
Still getting a timeout at my end.
Tried troubleshoot-irlp and all tests show Pass except 2c which is related to Echolink.
Tried rebooting router and node; still get a timeout.
Tried connecting to another node 4243 - connected & disconnect just fine.

Not sure what to check next.

Rick Bates, NK7I

You can reboot your network as well, sometimes 'Murphy' gets busy with things; routers under attack don't always defend properly etc.  Then...

Log into your your node and start the connection to the node you want (decode node#), as repeater (so you can SEE the interaction).

Note the IP address of the station you want to connect to, let the connection fail/time out.  Note any other abnormal commentary (route unavailable; failure to respond in a timely manner etc) which may also give you a clue where to look.

See if you can 'ping' that IP address.  ('ping ip.address.domain.name')

If you can ping it, there is an issue on one of the nodes (is it set to refuse connection to you?); it proves the DNS is working too.

If you cannot, there is an internet outage along the path; a router has failed and it takes time for the network to recover/adapt.  It's rare but it happens and may take a few hours to adjust though it's often quicker.  So try again each hour.

73,
Rick NK7I
7962

On 1/22/2020 11:44 AM, Gavin Jacobs wrote:
Thanks for checking it out.
Still getting a timeout at my end.
Tried troubleshoot-irlp and all tests show Pass except 2c which is related to Echolink.
Tried rebooting router and node; still get a timeout.
Tried connecting to another node 4243 - connected & disconnect just fine.

Not sure what to check next.

John

Something is odd with 1660?
Cannot telnet it on 15425 or 6
or ping its current IP (listed in my current 'host' file)
yet I can connect to it at 70.75.180.230 via 15425
How often is the status page updated?

John @ 6163

On 23/01/2020 5:44:42 AM, Gavin Jacobs (apriljunkbox@...) wrote:
Thanks for checking it out.
Still getting a timeout at my end.
Tried troubleshoot-irlp and all tests show Pass except 2c which is related to Echolink.
Tried rebooting router and node; still get a timeout.
Tried connecting to another node 4243 - connected

David Cameron - IRLP

There is something intermittent for sure. It appears that the IP address is the same, but its was not responding 10 minutes ago, but it is now....

Quickly call them! :)

Thanks for checking it out.
[1] https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/message/76720