That is for getmail, not sendemail.

Gimme 5 minutes.

Ramon AL7X

On 12/4/20 4:02 PM, Ramon wrote:
1. Get the sendemail packages.   This SHOULD WORK:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sendemail
(or, as root without the sudo)
Here is one of my mailrc files, installed in
/home/rfg/.getmail/
[retriever]
type = SimplePOP3Retriever
server = mail.xalaska.com
port = 110
username = secret@xalaska.com
password = bigger8secret
[destination]
type = Maildir
path = ~/mailqqq/
[options]
delete = true
message_log = ~/.getmail/log-secret
Once installed, you can run it manually or via crontab:
/usr/local/bin/getmail --rcfile getmailrc-secret  # retrieves mail
Ill see if I find a gmail rcfile, not sure I have one.
Ramon AL7X 7254
On 12/4/20 3:40 PM, Phil Zocco wrote:

Hi Ramon,

Let do sendEmail.