Topics

Voice ID script

ne1h@...

All,

I've hacked up a previous script that someone did to include the
ability to remotely ID a repeater.... While it technically might not
be legal, it might allow someone to get up and testing. I'll explain.

I am running a user radio on a repeater, with a controller. I didn't
want to send any ID's over the link and I can't do the PL thing at
the moment. So, I shut off the tail, shut off the ID, and run this
script on my IRLP node.

It will ID when there is activity on the repeater only, or on the
NODE only. Or any combination. It will support "hold off", where it
will allow the conversation to finish on the repeater or the NODE
before it ID's. It will also force an ID if it needs to.

Couple of tips that Dave gave me allow me to leave the VOIP
connection running, but drop the connection to the SoundCard so I
don't have arbitration issues with a SB16. Then re-establish to the
SC and everything keeps on trucking.

I'm not a serious Shell Script programmer, but I think I've got it
working pretty well. Currently it supports the stnxxx wave file to
play for the ID, althought it could support any file in the $AUDIO
directory or in a directory below it by simply changing a variable in
the shell script.

It does have one artifact that I'll kill later... If ID's once more
than it needs too on the last transmition before the end of activty
timer... But it still does this based upon the ID timer, so no real
foul.

I don't know if this would help anyone, but if so drop me an email
and I'll attach and send back, the heading of the file has excellent
instruction on how to place, assign premissions and run.

Alan

Art Feller

At 11:51 PM 31-07-01 +0000, ne1h@... wrote:
I am running a user radio on a repeater, with a controller. I didn't
want to send any ID's over the link and I can't do the PL thing at
the moment. So, I shut off the tail, shut off the ID, and run this
script on my IRLP node.
Using a Morse ID? How about the low tech approach: an audio notch filter?

Hope this helps.

73, art.....

Tony Langdon <tlangdon@...>

I've hacked up a previous script that someone did to include the
ability to remotely ID a repeater.... While it technically might not
be legal, it might allow someone to get up and testing. I'll explain.
Have you got a copy to post? It could be useful for some.

Terry Stewardson

Hi Alan , could you please send me a copy to look at...May be what I'm
looking for..
Terry
VA3LU

[...]

---

GARY E BELCHER KH6GMP <kh6gmp@...>

Hi Alan, I think Im using the same script, also modified a bit, that you are
using to ID my transmitter. Its working fine right now, and Im using CW id.
I have a .wav file of 18wpm cw giving my ID and the script I think you are
using is from Chuck. I had to take out the line that did the sccw -t thing
and installed a line that says play /irlp/home/audio/cwid.wav
so it IDs in CW at the same time as audio is coming in from IRLP. I might
be able to improve the end of activity thing but have not touched it yet,
just changed the 60 seconds ID time to 300 seconds so it goes off every 5
minutes. Its working fine for me, Im just wondering what changes you made
to the original script. ALOHA and 73 de Gary KH6GMP Kailua-Kona Hawaii
NodeMeister