Topics

Wav File Issues

Phil Zocco

Greetings.

For some strange reason this morning, any of the WAV files that have personally recorded are all coming out with loud distorted audio.

These files announce control functions and various other customized recordings.

BUT...any of the original WAV files that Dave C included in the IRLP package play back normally. Like when he says, "IRLP Node enabled", it's sound just fine.

If I play back my custom On-the Hour announcement with my voice, it is distorted. I checked the alsamixer and the controls are where they normally are.

Any ideas? I have rebooted the node and still the same issues.

Thanks in advance.

Phil N1BOW
Node 5960
AMT MP 113.6
Niantic, CT USA Earth

David Cameron - IRLP

The problem is stemming from a change I made to the wavplay script for nodes that are NOT using APLAY to play audio files.

I am working on a fix, and should have it available shortly.

Dave Cameron

On 2019-11-27 7:55 a.m., Phil Zocco wrote:
Greetings.

For some strange reason this morning, any of the WAV files that have personally recorded are all coming out with loud distorted audio.

These files announce control functions and various other customized recordings.

BUT...any of the original WAV files that Dave C included in the IRLP package play back normally. Like when he says, "IRLP Node enabled", it's sound just fine.

If I play back my custom On-the Hour announcement with my voice, it is distorted. I checked the alsamixer and the controls are where they normally are.

Any ideas? I have rebooted the node and still the same issues.

Thanks in advance.

Phil N1BOW
Node 5960
AMT MP 113.6
Niantic, CT USA Earth

Don DeGregori

Dave,
I'm still using the old legacy red hat files for IRLP. And have the new wav file problems. Noticed first when I rebooted. No "node enabled" announcement. Later, no echo reflector announcements. No "link connected" or disconnected. And more no announcements. Should I do the update files command in the scripts folder? Or wait awhile for your fix?

Thanks,
Don ... W6RWN ... node 3146

Don DeGregori

Thanks Dave, Audio announcements are now working proper.

Don