Topics

What is the the correct version? and how to upgrade.

KD1YH Paul <bsrt@...>

3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.84-1 i686

debian_version  7.11

Paul KD1yh
nodes 8433,4651,8581

David Cameron - IRLP

There is no "correct" version, but there is a latest version.

https://www.debian.org/releases/
"The current stable distribution of Debian is version 10, codenamed buster. It was initially released as version 10 on July 6th, 2019 and its latest update, version 10.4, was released on May 9th, 2020."

As Debian 7 is no longer supported, you will have to do a few extra things to move from 7 to 8, then it will follow the usual upgrade path from 8 to 9 and 9 to 10.

The Pi version is easier because it already has the archive options in the default version.

You can google how to upgrade from Debian 7 to 10, and there is a good site that has a lot of info.

https://www.prado.lt/how-to-upgrade-debian-7-wheezy-to-10-buster-safely

This is a major move.... There are chances that things can go wrong.

David Cameron

On 2020-05-27 2:05 a.m., KD1YH Paul wrote:
3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.84-1 i686
debian_version  7.11
Paul KD1yh
nodes 8433,4651,8581

Allan Dunn, K1UCY

I am afraid to add another variable to our troubleshoot. Once we get the router going we can address this issue. Present is probably 7.1. There are commands on the computer to upgrade.