When I use RA or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot node

kd1yh

When I use RA  or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot node.

It seems not clear reset back to idle.
home /IRlp
Locks up can control z to get to root and reboot/ halt and restart  node.

Paul KD1YH node 8581

David Cameron - IRLP

Try not using Vcon and see if it still happens. There is a bug in Vcon that was never found or fixed that can cause the parallel port to stop responding. This in turn hangs the dtmf process and the node gets dumb until you kill off the dtmf process.

It is something to do with irlpvcon_get (or similar). Without support from the developer, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Funny enough, it works fine on the raspberry pi version.

Dave Cameron

On 02/10/2020 3:20 a.m., kd1yh wrote:
When I use RA  or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot node.
It seems not clear reset back to idle.
home /IRlp
Locks up can control z to get to root and reboot/ halt and restart  node.
Paul KD1YH node 8581

kd1yh

it does the same with RA.
Paul KD1YH node 8581

Try not using Vcon and see if it still happens. There is a bug in Vcon
that was never found or fixed that can cause the parallel port to stop
responding. This in turn hangs the dtmf process and the node gets dumb
until you kill off the dtmf process.

It is something to do with irlpvcon_get (or similar). Without support
from the developer, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Funny enough, it works fine on the raspberry pi version.

Dave Cameron

On 02/10/2020 3:20 a.m., kd1yh wrote:
When I use RA or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot node.
It seems not clear reset back to idle.
home /IRlp
Locks up can control z to get to root and reboot/ halt and restart node.
Paul KD1YH node 8581

Tom E H Gruis

Thanks for the heads up.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020, 19:39 kd1yh <kd1yh@...> wrote:
it does the same with RA.
Paul KD1YH node 8581

Try not using Vcon and see if it still happens. There is a bug in Vcon
that was never found or fixed that can cause the parallel port to stop
responding. This in turn hangs the dtmf process and the node gets dumb
until you kill off the dtmf process.

It is something to do with irlpvcon_get (or similar). Without support
from the developer, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Funny enough, it works fine on the raspberry pi version.

Dave Cameron

On 02/10/2020 3:20 a.m., kd1yh wrote:
> When I use RA  or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot
> node.
> It seems not clear reset back to idle.
> home /IRlp
> Locks up can control z to get to root and reboot/ halt and restart  node.
> Paul KD1YH node 8581

David Cameron - IRLP

IRLP RA will not do it, as long as IRLPvCON is disabled or not installed. The problem is when IRLPvCON or IRLPvMON is running, the parallel port is polled continually.

IRLP Remote Admin does not actually access the parallel port like IRLPvCON does. The problem is the polling that IRLPvCON does of the parallel port somehow creates a race condition with the same polling being done by the DTMF process.

Dave Cameron

On 2020-10-03 6:32 p.m., Tom E H Gruis wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020, 19:39 kd1yh <kd1yh@...> wrote:
it does the same with RA.
Paul KD1YH node 8581

Try not using Vcon and see if it still happens. There is a bug in Vcon
that was never found or fixed that can cause the parallel port to stop
responding. This in turn hangs the dtmf process and the node gets dumb
until you kill off the dtmf process.

It is something to do with irlpvcon_get (or similar). Without support
from the developer, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Funny enough, it works fine on the raspberry pi version.

Dave Cameron

On 02/10/2020 3:20 a.m., kd1yh wrote:
> When I use RA  or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot
> node.
> It seems not clear reset back to idle.
> home /IRlp
> Locks up can control z to get to root and reboot/ halt and restart  node.
> Paul KD1YH node 8581

kd1yh

Just have to find out how disable vcon

Thanks for the heads up.