Where did custom.crons go?

Lonney [K1LH]

I rebuilt my node a while ago with the Debian 7 IRLP image. There is no longer a /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons file by default?

$ find /home/irlp/ -name custom.crons

Doesn't find it.

Anyways can happily crontab -e if this file is no longer included.

Lonney
Node 7441

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

'Lo Lonney!

$ find /home/irlp/ -name custom.crons
Doesn't find it.
scripts/update says:

  if [ -f ${CUSTOM}/custom.crons ] ; then
    cp -f ${SCRIPT}/irlp.crons ${RUN}/crons.temp
    cat ${CUSTOM}/custom.crons >> ${RUN}/crons.temp
    /usr/bin/crontab ${RUN}/crons.temp
    rm -f ${RUN}/crons.temp
  else
    /usr/bin/crontab ${SCRIPT}/irlp.crons
  fi

Meaning /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons does not NEED to exist, but if it does, it will be appended to scripts/irlp.crons and installed every time the update is run.

Bit of a long-winded way to do it actually, could have done:

   cat ${SCRIPT}/irlp.crons ${CUSTOM}/custom.crons | /usr/bin/crontab

... but suspect it had to remain compatible with something really bizarre.

Anyways can happily crontab -e if this file is no longer included.
Sure... however it will go away every night.   :-p

Nick VA3NNW

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209, IRLP #2410
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@noseynick.net

Lonney [K1LH]

Hey Nick,

Excellent!

That explains everything I needed to know.

Thanks for the info.