Topics

Yaesu FT-2980R

Brendan Pratt - vk4blp

I'm likely to be able to grab hold of one of these to replace my current radio.

Just wondering if anyone has set one of these up as a irlp node, and if so any details of what you had to do, to get it to work.

Thanks.

--

Visit southsidears.org.au
My Weather Station jimboombaweather.com

IRLP Node 6857
EchoIRLP Node 672767
WIA Assessor 4-064

--

C u laitr
Brendan Pratt - vk4blp

Brendan Pratt - vk4blp

Looks like I need to find a guide as to making up a cable connection from the radio microphone socket to the irlp board/node.

Anyone got a guide/how-to for that ? ... even buying a ready made one?

Brendan Pratt - vk4blp wrote on 7/07/2020 7:38 pm:

[...]

tomsdad97

Hi Brendan,
Seems a lot if radio just to devote to an IRLP?
Something like a Moto GM300 or a TAIT that has the various interface pins on the rear apron would be easier and cheaper?
Just a suggestion...

73 Steve VK2ARS #6255

[...]

John

http://www.irlpcables.com/
might be able to supply
73 John @ 6163

Visit southsidears.org.au <http://southsidears.org.au>
My Weather Station jimboombaweather.com <http://jimboombaweather.com>
--

IRLP Node 6857
EchoIRLP Node 672767

--

C u laitr
Brendan Pratt - vk4blp
Mobile : +61-418-746657
Phone : +61-7-5630-1310
E-Mail : vk4blp at southsidears dot org dot au
http://southsidears.org.au

Visit southsidears.org.au

Marshall Oldham

Me thinks the microphone socket does not have the necessary signals needed for the IRLP board.

You will have to dig into the radio to get the signals needed  for IRLP.

73

Marshall - ke6pcv

[...]

Agreed, it is a lot of radio to devote to irlp.

Currently have a DR135 radio, and thought since I saw this one come up, I thought I might grab it and upgrade.

At least this one will run a lot cooler with more power out than the old one. :)

tomsdad97 wrote on 10/07/2020 9:58 am:

[...]

I was wondering that too.

Had hoped you might have already had a ready made cable solution.  :)

Marshall Oldham wrote on 10/07/2020 11:13 am:

[...]

Wes AE6ZM

As Marshall said, the problem is not the cable, it is the mic conector. Not all signals needed will be found there.
--
VY 73,
Wes

Brendan Pratt - vk4blp

Okay,  so it looks like a hack on the inside then...... bugger, don't feel comfortable enough to do that.